21 forte or 20 civic

The one thing better on the Civic is it having an independent rear suspension. You only get an independent rear suspension on the seldem seen 201HP Forte and Elantras. I like the looks of the new Forte. The Civic looks "busy".

I actually owned a 2019 Civic LX manual transmission for about 6 months. bought it new. HATED IT. I have owned several corolla's and accords and been happy with them. Civic was very cramped inside (I am 5"7, 145 lbs), the manual transmission was very rubbery. My biggest gripe with it was actually the honda sensing system (pre collision and cruise control). Despite multiple adjustments by myself and the dealer, the system was way too sensitive. It was intrusive and sometimes downright scary because it was slam on the brakes when I would be driving in regular traffic.
Toyota's collision system on the other hand has been much more refined in my experience.

Honda because if you don't like it you lose far less money then the Kia. You are buying depreciated used so selling depreciated used a desirable brand and name plate your exit plan is easy. Kia would be a bath in terms of depreciation especially new.

Honda because if you don't like it you lose far less money then the Kia. You are buying depreciated used so selling depreciated used a desirable brand and name plate your exit plan is easy. Kia would be a bath in terms of depreciation especially new.
The OP bought a 2012 sonic 1.4T last week.

The civic barely depreciated (high resale), and he was planning on driving it till the wheels fell off.. so I would have went kia.

I actually owned a 2019 Civic LX manual transmission for about 6 months. bought it new. HATED IT. I have owned several corolla's and accords and been happy with them. Civic was very cramped inside (I am 5"7, 145 lbs),
Wow you are small too.......... Big no for me- If you are uncomfortable inside a car it ain't worth nothing to you..........

Reactions: JC1
Seems that when you are looking at new vehicles versus 1-2 year old vehicles, if you are financing and can get a zero percent interest rate, that may be the better deal. Unless that new far is a lemon of course or you are paying cash.

Back