2024 SUBARU Impreza at L.A. Auto Show ...

NO CVT EVER + prolly no slush boxes unless my manual trannied vehicles die. used to like imprezas @ almost bought one in 2002 BUT a test in a VW revealed what a TIN CAN it was!!! 200 thou when i traded that 1.8T wolfsburg still doing good with NO rust in Pa + using only little oil, prolly the BEST ride i ever owned!! 35 mpg new + 30 after modding to 250 hp + 274 TQ!!

NO CVT EVER + prolly no slush boxes unless my manual trannied vehicles die. used to like imprezas @ almost bought one in 2002 BUT a test in a VW revealed what a TIN CAN it was!!! 200 thou when i traded that 1.8T wolfsburg still doing good with NO rust in Pa + using only little oil, prolly the BEST ride i ever owned!! 35 mpg new + 30 after modding to 250 hp + 274 TQ!!
Whoa! You're all over the road there, buddy!

Test drove base IMPREZA 5 door with the C.V.T. few years ago and wasn't all that impressed ;) . Heard rattles from dash . At $22,000+ you'd expect better .

My co-worker bought an Impreza instead of a Crosstrek because he
and wanted to save a few bucks. That was the only reason.

Hard to understand why someone would buy an Impreza over a Crosstrek. One the other hand its hard to understand why someone would buy a Crosstrek over a Forester. Oh well.
I took it one more step, and got the Outback.... ;)
I would get the Impreza before the Crosstrek, but we already have a soft roader. Probably we would've got the Legacy wagon if it existed. IMO giving a vehicle a 1" lift and some black plastic around the wheels and bumpers isn't worth the $3k+ extra manufacturers charge.... But clearly I'm in the minority in N.A.

I took a look at it today at the auto show. Incredibly underwhelming. Design aesthetic says “let’s be milquetoast.”

Nothing Subaru, Honda, or Nissan was doing suggested innovation or improvement. Same ol’ same old.

Chevy had a fancy display pushing EV but with the same crappy interior treatments.

Hyundai of all companies was bringing the heat with the Ionic 5 and 6.

My co-worker bought an Impreza instead of a Crosstrek because he
and wanted to save a few bucks. That was the only reason.
I'm not really shopping (guess sorta window shopping) but I have found myself wondering what more I'd get for the extra $2.5K from a base Crosstrek versus a base (wagon) Impreza.

I'm not really shopping (guess sorta window shopping) but I have found myself wondering what more I'd get for the extra $2.5K from a base Crosstrek versus a base (wagon) Impreza.
My family recently purchased a 2023 base Impreza as a third vehicle. I have to admit that I really like it, especially for in-town driving.

Planet Subaru has a good summary of what the extra $2.5K gets you:

Another manual transmission offering bites the dust. It looks like if you want a new Subaru with a manual it's the wrx or crosstrek. Interestingly enough Subaru added the 6-speed manual to the crosstrek.

Back