2024 BMW i5

Introduced along with a new ICE 5-Series.

Two models:
i5 eDrive40. ~ $68k
i5 M60 xDrive ~$85k

400v, 84.3 kWh usable, 205 kw peak charging.

eDrive40: Est. 295 mile range, 335 HP, RWD, 5.7 sec 0-60MPH

M60: Est. 256 mile range, 590 HP, AWD, 3.7 sec 0-60 MPH

Not sure which models these are, but is BMW back to making good looking cars?! 🤞

IMG_9554.jpeg

IMG_9552.jpeg

IMG_9553.jpeg

IMG_9555.jpeg

That BMW looks way better than anything Tesla is offering.
I was stuck in Boston traffic yesterday AM for 2 hours so I had chance to look around at the cars going the other way, to my surprise the most EV cars were Lucid Air, I counted 7. Out of the thousands of cars a little over a dozen were EV which you can tell from their EV plate.

I was stuck in Boston traffic yesterday AM for 2 hours so I had chance to look around at the cars going the other way, to my surprise the most EV cars were Lucid Air, I counted 7. Out of the thousands of cars a little over a dozen were EV which you can tell from their EV plate.
I don't see that many around here, the few I see are Tesla. Seeing that BMW offering, and some of the other offerings, from a style and look perspective Tesla looks are not impressive at all. Tesla is the king of the jungle, the lion, but a pack of Hyhenas can take out a lion. Or death can occur from a thousand cuts. My point is a lot can change over the next few years. Listening to the news last night, a new candidate for the 2024 election might change things and extend the life of ICE while we work to get an obsolete grid ready for the change. Interesting times are ahead.

Yeah, I’m not feeling it. However, I do like the Mini Cooper Countryman John Works edition, fully loaded at ~$50k. Still, I’m not interested in purchasing that either, but if my SS dies, that would be my pick. They’re also introducing an electric mini, but like all the others that are coming out, I think most of them will fail.

In my view, the current offerings are all experimental, and there’s really no standard battery composition, charging ports, with a solid guarantee of first generation glitches. Heck, even the Tesla Plaid has charging issues by one reviewer if the wind is blowing. 😵‍💫

Last edited:
I don't see too many Lucid Airs. Rivians are around. The new thing is the Caddy; I am seeing more and more of 'em and the look is growing on me. Taycan beats the snot outta all of 'em.
porsche taycan Palo Alto.jpg

Introduced along with a new ICE 5-Series.

Two models:
i5 eDrive40. ~ $68k
i5 M60 xDrive ~$85k

400v, 84.3 kWh usable, 205 kw peak charging.

eDrive40: Est. 295 mile range, 335 HP, RWD, 5.7 sec 0-60MPH

M60: Est. 256 mile range, 590 HP, AWD, 3.7 sec 0-60 MPH

Not sure which models these are, but is BMW back to making good looking cars?! 🤞

View attachment 157574

View attachment 157575

View attachment 157576

View attachment 157577
Needs a V-12 kreissieg headers and titanium exhaust. But yes much sleeker.

I don't see too many Lucid Airs. Rivians are around. The new thing is the Caddy; I am seeing more and more of 'em and the look is growing on me. Taycan beats the snot outta all of 'em.
View attachment 157698
I've seen one Lucid Air. There's a hotel I stay in for work that the restaurant owner next to it has a Lucid Air. His other car is Bentley Continental GT. I see a few Taycans here and there, but I see at least a Rivian a week in my small town, usually passing through. When I'm in Chicago or up in St Paul, Rivians are everywhere.

The Cadillac is out? I thought it was still just a concept.

I've seen one Lucid Air. There's a hotel I stay in for work that the restaurant owner next to it has a Lucid Air. His other car is Bentley Continental GT. I see a few Taycans here and there, but I see at least a Rivian a week in my small town, usually passing through. When I'm in Chicago or up in St Paul, Rivians are everywhere.

The Cadillac is out? I thought it was still just a concept.
My mistake. I was thinking about the MBZ EVs. More aned more all over the place.

Back