2023 Honda HR-V

I wonder if these manufacturers pay for the airfare and hotel to these Youtube car “journalists“ to review their cars. All the same ones are at these new model debuts that are all over the country.

I just dove my friend Jen to Sioux City this past Tuesday to pick up a new White HRV with 9 miles on it.

Rides good and has plenty of power for the weight of the vehicle. She is seeing 30 mpg on the average.

I wonder if these manufacturers pay for the airfare and hotel to these Youtube car “journalists“ to review their cars. All the same ones are at these new model debuts that are all over the country.
I believe that when they're invited to a launch event, that the journalists are taken care of with airfare, lodging, food and possibly transportation of some sort. IDK if an auto journalists who may not be particularly invited, if they can just show up even if it's on their own dime. :unsure:
I've heard many say that they didn't go to an event due to not being invited. But I've never heard them say that they can go anyway if they want to pay for their own trip.

Last edited:
Jenn was so exited about replacing her overheating Jeep that she failed to tell me at the dealership.

It is a 2022 Honda HR-V with LX trim. Plenty of cargo space for luggage and enough room in the back for two people. I did pop the hood to find an itty-bitty 1.8L engine, but hey, she's happy with it. I didn't ask her what she paid for it as I figured that was between her and the finance people.

She has a PhD degree in Psychology and travels a lot for the Veterans Administration, so this vehicle will save her gas money.

Last edited:
Honda fanboy here and this thing is very disappointing. Mainly because of the engine choice, Honda should’ve made the 1.5t the standard engine.

I’m not seeing why I would buy this over a CX-30 which imo looks much nicer and has a far more powerful engine with almost identical mpg.

Honda fanboy here and this thing is very disappointing. Mainly because of the engine choice, Honda should’ve made the 1.5t the standard engine.

I’m not seeing why I would buy this over a CX-30 which imo looks much nicer and has a far more powerful engine with almost identical mpg.
I hear that! IDK they wouldn't have put the 1.5t as the standard engine. It's a magnificent engine! I would say that the power difference between Honda's 2.0 and Mazda's 2.5 NA engine will not be noticeable enough to affect my decision if I were in the market though. I am more concerned with interior space and functionality and Honda will always beat every manufacturer in that regard. That alone would make me choose the HRV. Plus, I'm sure the Honda's engine compartment is far less cramped than the Mazda's which will make it easier to work on. At the end of the day it really just depends what features and functions the potential owner is looking for.

I hear that! IDK they wouldn't have put the 1.5t as the standard engine. It's a magnificent engine! I would say that the power difference between Honda's 2.0 and Mazda's 2.5 NA engine will not be noticeable enough to affect my decision if I were in the market though. I am more concerned with interior space and functionality and Honda will always beat every manufacturer in that regard. That alone would make me choose the HRV. Plus, I'm sure the Honda's engine compartment is far less cramped than the Mazda's which will make it easier to work on. At the end of the day it really just depends what features and functions the potential owner is looking for.

I owned the previous Gen HR-V (6 speed manual) and now own A 5 speed manual Honda Element. It makes a huge difference. Even though my Element weighs 500 pounds more, the torque difference makes driving the Element far more enjoyable.

I do miss the great gas mileage of the R18 engine, though.

Back