2023 F-150 Missing Features: 7 Things Ford is Dropping Due to Supply Chain Issues

No third brake light. I thought those were mandatory?
They've not eliminated the third brake light. They've eliminated the camera that's mounted in the 3rd brake light assembly:

As part of the 360 camera package, certain F-150s have cameras built into the third brake light at the top of the cab. This allows folks to monitor the bed of their truck. But for 2023, Ford is removing this particular camera while leaving the other four 360-degree cameras in place (front grille, both side mirrors, and rear tailgate).

Last edited:
Live in a very cold place, and buy a vehicle with one, and you'll never buy another vehicle without it. Told my wife the next truck just went up in price about 10 grand to get the trim level with this...
They are nice. Even here this time of year. I'm amazed at how fast it warms up. I can't help but wonder if my alternator is glowing cherry red when it's on?

They are nice. Even here this time of year. I'm amazed at how fast it warms up. I can't help but wonder if my alternator is glowing cherry red when it's on?
I don't care. LOL. My wife's RAV4 has the heated steering wheel. It's awesome. Like Gopher wrote. My next vehicle and everyone after that will have it unless we move to someplace warm the year round.

Live in a very cold place, and buy a vehicle with one, and you'll never buy another vehicle without it. Told my wife the next truck just went up in price about 10 grand to get the trim level with this...

Use mine everyday in the winter. Had an adrenal gland removed and my hands are constantly cold now. Lots of whining on the Raptor forums about the heated wheel getting removed from $80,000 trucks…and I totally get it.

So, they can't even give you the spare tire lock now.

But if you go build a 2023 Ranger and add the tow package, they FORCE you to add a Hitch/Ball for $50.

I like my truck, and it is pre-c-word, but Ford sure does dumb stuff.

So, they can't even give you the spare tire lock now........ I like my truck, and it is pre-c-word, but Ford sure does dumb stuff.
They're not doing any of this by choice. They're forced to because of supply chain issues that are disrupting the flow of parts they need. Something tells me the way things are going, we're going to be doing much the same, in regards to going without in the not too distant future.

They're not doing any of this by choice. They're forced to because of supply chain issues that are disrupting the flow of parts they need. Something tells me the way things are going, we're going to be doing much the same, in regards to going without in the not too distant future.
Forcing you to order a $50 hitch receiver/ball is nothing other than stupidity. Making me buy something I can get elsewhere for $20 in order to get the tow package on my truck is just stupid. It's not like it comes bolted to the truck. There is no sane reason they can give for that other than they want to pad their profit. That's where my 'stupid' comment is coming from. The fact that they're de-contenting orders, which will annoy people, and then making people buy items they don't want/need, which will only further annoy people.

Forcing you to order a $50 hitch receiver/ball is nothing other than stupidity. Making me buy something I can get elsewhere for $20 in order to get the tow package on my truck is just stupid.......
People who are shelling out $75,000.00 to over $100,000.00 for these jazzed up vehicles, aren't worried about saving $30.00 on a trailer ball. Not when they're paying upward of $1K for window tinting, $950.00 in, "destination charges", along with a ton of other dealer installed, overpriced crap that's already on the vehicle before they walk up to it.

And that's just the truck. Then they turn you over to the finance manager. Where your worst financial nightmares are made to come true before your very eyes.

And to frost the cake and light the candles, we won't even get into the $5K to $7K+ you'll lose once it's titled, and before you get it into your garage.... Assuming it even fits.

Believe me, overpaying $30.00 for a trailer ball is the least of these people's problems or worries.

Back