2023 Buick Envision rental review

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
Let me start off by saying, I REALLY liked this vehicle. Put about 500 miles on it and came away thinking this would be at the top of my list if I was looking for a new car. The 2.0T and 9 speed transmission provide a ton of power that's delivered smoothly, silently and immediately on demand. The only thing you hear is a bit of turbo spool if you really listen, and it sounds great.

The Envision is silent inside, very little road noise, no engine noise, no squeaks or rattles. Interior materials are very nice, almost everything is soft touch and even the plastics under the dash and in the lower areas look nice and high quality. The ride is also very smooth, it soaks up bumps very nicely and it feels like you're riding in a premium car. Handling and brakes are very predictable and confidence inspiring, this is a very easy car to drive and park.

The interior is comfortable, I liked the cloth seats, they were heated, supportive and comfortable. The cockpit wraps around the driver, there's a huge touchscreen with wireless Android Auto that worked great, along with some really nice climate controls with some toggles that felt way more upmarket than this vehicle's price tag. The climate controls also go completely dark when the vehicle is turned off - a nice attention to detail. The Envision has a funky push button shifter, but I quickly got used to it along with some funky upper dashboard vents that blow back on to the passenger, something I haven't seen in other GM vehicles but I liked.

bk9n7Yj.jpg

YzgtESp.jpg

JqFZrFG.jpg

r8XdOCF.jpg

PockAj2.jpg

WuAIkmb.jpg

Nicely designed Buick. One of the few that appeal to me. I just wish they would spend a bit more on refinement and avoid the Piano Black plastics.

Engine choice and longevity make me a bit cautious. Buick does a very good job with NVH and ride quality.

I think this Buicks look great and it's probably a good car. We're looking for a new SUV that's smaller then our 2012 Traverse. But I'll pass on this one for something not made in China.

I've always thought these looked nice from the exterior. Looking at your interior photos leave me wanting a bit more. Maybe its the piano black but the interior looks a bit cheap.

Let me add in, purchased mine about 6 weeks ago. The Avenir trim. The 9 speed is probably the best shifting front drive based vehicle I’ve driven. Yes, sometimes a clunky or not smooth shift. But rare. Averaging about 27mpg in everyday driving. And yes, I was apprehensive of made in China, but build quality is excellent and way way better than ‘22 Mustang convertible. And better than my Venza. I traded my ‘21 Venza Limited on the ‘23 Envision. Venza was having quite a few build quality probs and honestly had my fill of it.

Dishdude, thank you for the review. If you like this car you may also like the new forthcoming 2024 Buick Envista. It will share the new 2024 Chevy Trax platform but will share little in appointments and styling. Several auto press journalists are already saying from "first look" details that Buick is going to have another winner on their hands.

As much as I appreciate the styling and 9-speed... I would love to see these Buick models succeed. I just have a difficult time with it being made in China (Political reasons, not build quality.) and it being a Turbocharged power-train. GM has a poor track record with their small 4cyl Turbos.

I've always thought these looked nice from the exterior. Looking at your interior photos leave me wanting a bit more. Maybe its the piano black but the interior looks a bit cheap.

In person, it looks and feels quality with a lot of soft touch surfaces. The iPhone 12 camera picked up every piece of dust and smudge on that piano black trim.

In person, it looks and feels quality with a lot of soft touch surfaces. The iPhone 12 camera picked up every piece of dust and smudge on that piano black trim.
Looks great. I wish they wouldn't used that black trim on everything. I really like how they implemented the info-center. It's much better that an "IPad on the dash".

Back