2023 BMW i7

Introduced alongside the new gas/diesel 7-Series. Built on the same chassis (a mistake).

$120,000 for the EV i7 version with AWD and 536 HP. 0-60 in 4.5 sec. “Up to” 300 miles range.

101.7 kWh battery
195kw peak charge rate
3-years free charging included.

You lose cargo space with the i7 vs. the ICE versions. Another reason why dedicated EV platforms are the best way to go.

View attachment 97117

View attachment 97118

View attachment 97119

31” rear screen 😳

View attachment 97120
Nobody who owns this car really cares about cargo space.

Price some i3's, they don't seem to depreciate quickly. I'm seeing 2017's at 35-40K here, 2018's 40-43. A brand new 2021 is ~60K.
Before Covid, used i3 prices tanked. I think what you are seeing is just a function of this wacky market. Only time will tell though!

Before Covid, used i3 prices tanked. I think what you are seeing is just a function of this wacky market. Only time will tell though!
I also wouldn't call the i3 a desirable vehicle, so I'm surprised as the prices they are commanding right now. The i4 is a MUCH nicer car, I would expect it to hold its value much better.

I also wouldn't call the i3 a desirable vehicle, so I'm surprised as the prices they are commanding right now. The i4 is a MUCH nicer car, I would expect it to hold its value much better.
Agreed, I think that's the reason why it lost so much of it's resale value. Just a weird car with basically an unrepairable carbon fiber structure.

Definitely lease, don’t buy. I can imagine an electric BMW will depreciate even more than a regular one. Probably 40-50% in 3 years.
I dont think anyone buying a $120,000 car and writing a check from his/her check book or company staff writing a check for them from a company check book will care too much about resale value. But that's just me.

I can see why resale would be lower, who would buy a used one?

Depends which one. Try to buy stick shift one and let us know about price.
I don’t think there is a stick version. It’s like a Prius but made by BMW, with an unrepairable carbon fiber chassis and virtue signaling sustainable interior wood trim.

I don’t think there is a stick version. It’s like a Prius but made by BMW, with an unrepairable carbon fiber chassis and virtue signaling sustainable interior wood trim.
Lol. I am talking in general.
Cars like this don’t hold value. And people who buy them don’t care.
Tell us more about CLAR? We have no idea.

Back