2022 Tiguan

I have driven one and did not care for the way it drove. It was only a test drive though, and I did not try it in Sport mode like I have learned to always prefer with my Jetta. I think the Tiguan uses a Budack cycle? I also drove a Passat with that type engine and did not like it either. Again, not clever enough to try the Passat in Sport mode. IMO the 1.4 of the Jetta drives much better.

Hey Zee, saw a black Arteon at the grocery store this afternoon. Thought of you. Rare car, I can go months without seeing one.
I test drove a new Passat back in 2018 with the 2.0. I found the engine sound to be a bit unrefined but it got the car up and going well enough. I too agree the 1.4 TSI / 8 speed to be a superior combo. Smoother, quieter, more refined and significantly better MPGs. I just feel the Budack cycle 2.0 gets no love.

While underwater....
That’s what the old 2.5 I5 sounded like IMO.

My wife has somewhat similar 2018 Tiguan with 108k miles. She loves the vehicle and it has been extremely reliable. Lots of kinks worked out of our first year model thru programs like cruddy transmission programming now great. Also a drippy sunroof fixed with a recall to fix drain openings. No issues besides sunroof.

We like the light grey vinyl interior

The engine sound is odd but it’s snappy in traffic and also we get 29MPG average.
Surprised it hasn’t needed a thermostat, injectors, cam cover reseal, etc.

The power of a 4 with the economy of a 6! It didn't sound great but it was a pretty decent engine even if it had a wonky feeling idle.
The SUV drag plays into the fuel economy.

The Audi A4 40 TFSI with a slightly more powerful 2.0L Budack cycle engine and S-tronic (DSG) transmission, gets 26/34 mpg

I must be the rare one who does not mind the Tiguan motor. 0-30 it has ton of torque to get vehicle to speed quickly and delivers 29MPG average in mixed driving which is no where near its EPA 21city/27MPG. The MPG is on par with sisters 2018 CRV EX who drives in similar conditions. She is disappointed in the EPA sticker on hers.

I must be the rare one who does not mind the Tiguan motor. 0-30 it has ton of torque to get vehicle to speed quickly and delivers 29MPG average in mixed driving which is no where near its EPA 21city/27MPG. The MPG is on par with sisters 2018 CRV EX who drives in similar conditions. She is disappointed in the EPA sticker on hers.
Yet another report of a VW that gets better mpg than advertised. Not sure why VW doesn't do a better job capitalizing on their hard work.

That's gorgeous VW tank mister. 🤩
20220414_074918_HDR(1).jpg

Back