2022 Subaru Crosstrek LTD 2.5 Engine - Pure1 Oil Filter

Hi RevRider,
I'm coming in late on your thread but want to say I liked your oil filter selection hierarchy. Here's mine based on a comparison I did last week and both the Purolator One and Fram Tough Guard are superb values for our Subarus. I use both in my 2021 Forester.

1. Filter media performance
2. Silicon anti-drain back valve
3. Mileage rating, i.e. robustness
4. Made in the USA.

1675617967873.png

Good Evening Board,

After spending considerable time researching and learning a lot about oil filters from the this board (invaluable information), I opted for the Purolator Pure1 filter for my Subaru.

My reasons were:
1. Excellent filtering abilities, 99% at 20 microns.
2. The bypass rating of 20-30 psi, which is in the range of the OEM spec (still not certain how important that is). :unsure:
3. Made in America

I was considering the Subaru OEM, Wix and Purolator. I like the Wix also, but it wasn’t made in America, and I always try to lean to homegrown products, keeps Americans in jobs.

Thanks,

RevRider
Hi RevRider,
I too have a Subaru and am running a Purolator One on it like you for the same reasons. My OCI is 6,000 miles so I'll run the filer for two changes. With a 15,000 mile rating, silicone ADBV, steel center tube and synthetic blend media it checks a lot of boxes. At $7.49 my filter cost is $3.75 per OCI.

I've decided not to use Wix either because they do not publish performance specs for our specific filter and I agree with you, they don't make them in the USA. And with a cellulose media and priced at $12.99 they don't compete.

Back