2022 range rover sport L494 how to unplug battery to reset computer?

hey all, getting some engine code/power steering faults on a 2022 range rover sport l494, i believe this model has two batteries so i am wondering which one i need to unplug to reset the system? i guess taking the negative terminal off will hopefully reset it.

any ideas for this vehicle?

*dealer is 3 hours away sadly so want to do a quick fix preferred*
thx

Last edited:
I would get it back to the dealer, unless the car is inop and you really need to get somewhere, I don't see many upsides to attempting the fix yourself on a car that new and under warranty.

Nice car BTW, enjoy. Funny, I have a 2020 RR HSE P400 fullsize and it occasionally switches all displays to metric and the up/down functions on the volume keypad reverse every few weeks. All is normal with the next startup. Other than that, absolutely no problems w/ the car.

I would get it back to the dealer, unless the car is inop and you really need to get somewhere, I don't see many upsides to attempting the fix yourself on a car that new and under warranty.

Nice car BTW, enjoy. Funny, I have a 2020 RR HSE P400 fullsize and it occasionally switches all displays to metric and the up/down functions on the volume keypad reverse every few weeks. All is normal with the next startup. Other than that, absolutely no problems w/ the car.
thx but dealer is 3 hrs away so looking for a quick fix before i go there.

thx

Disconnect the negative post for 15 min and reconnect. You'll loose the current date and time and Trip A & B settings.

Last edited:
First off you don't want to erase codes on a car that is under warranty, you need the dealer to see them as proof that something is wrong so they can work toward an actual fix.

Disconnecting the battery on a modern luxury car can upset the programming of many systems, possibly requiring a dealer visit to resolve.

Disconnecting the battery on a modern luxury car can upset the programming of many systems, possibly requiring a dealer visit to resolve.
The coding will be kept “alive” in NVRAM but on many Euro cars, especially BMW/Mini, the real risk is jumping the car.

I’d wait 30 minutes to an hour to make sure all the control modules/computers are “sleeping” then pull power.

Back