2022 Nissan 400Z Nabbed In Production Form And It Looks Amazing

The 1990-1996 Z32 300ZX was the best Z ever, and ever will be made.

Wouldn't it be nice if they resurrected the Z32 platform, put a modern engine and tranny in it and started selling them again.... sign me up, I'll buy it.

It was one year ago last week I sold my 240sx convertible I had been driving since 2001. That was painful to do but with close to 350,000 miles, the rust was taking its toll and since I now drive 85 miles round trip back and forth to work, the gas mileage wasn't that great by today's standards so I had to let it go.

And now a shop about five minutes up the street has a shiny, silver Z32 for sale sitting out front of their shop. If I didn't have a wife that car would be sitting in my garage where it belongs....

I think it looks a lot better than the ugly yellow with black glass roof prototypes that were shown a few months ago. 400 HP should really make it a great performer. A 6 speed manual would be a desirable option for people who know how to drive one.
I had a 2009 370Z that I bought new and drove for 10 years and about 85,000 miles. It had the 6 speed manual. I always felt that while it had plenty of get up and go with 337 HP, another 50 HP would be better. They only problem I encountered was the well known failure of the clutch slave cylinder, which in my case happened out of warranty and cost about $1400 to repair.

My biggest complaint about it was cabin noise. It was difficult to have a conversation with a passenger without talking in a very loud voice, the Bluetooth phone function was practically unusable as not only was it hard to hear the person on the other end, but they complained that they could barely hear me over the background noise. And while the ride was comfortable on long trips, the noise level was fatiguing. Many owners went to the extent of having the entire interior ripped out and Dynamat installed. There was no difference in noise between the original Yokohamas or Michelin Pilot Sport tires. I would hope that Nissan addressed the cabin noise level on this new model. It was ridiculous on the 370Z.

It is absolutely as good as you are going to get in 2020+

If this level of design is what we can expect of Nissan moving forward, then I'm excited.
We are going to have to agree to disagree, but I have always said beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The front just does not do it for me.

I had an LT1 car, a4 though. Ls1 or don't get a 4th gen, in 2021, imo.
I think he is referring to the 2021 Camaro LT1 trim. It’s essentially a Camaro SS with a lot of the luxury items removed. Quite a good bang for your buck right now.

Edit: Nevermind, I see someone else already mentioned this.

I think he is referring to the 2021 Camaro LT1 trim. It’s essentially a Camaro SS with a lot of the luxury items removed. Quite a good bang for your buck right now.

Edit: Nevermind, I see someone else already mentioned this.
The current GM LT1 is the 6.2 used in the Camaro SS. There is also the supercharged LT5.
Current 6.2 LT1

Wouldn't it be nice if they resurrected the Z32 platform, put a modern engine and tranny in it and started selling them again.... sign me up, I'll buy it.

It was one year ago last week I sold my 240sx convertible I had been driving since 2001. That was painful to do but with close to 350,000 miles, the rust was taking its toll and since I now drive 85 miles round trip back and forth to work, the gas mileage wasn't that great by today's standards so I had to let it go.

And now a shop about five minutes up the street has a shiny, silver Z32 for sale sitting out front of their shop. If I didn't have a wife that car would be sitting in my garage where it belongs....
Man if that Z32 was anywhere near me I’d grab it in a heartbeat (unless you got to it before I did haha!!):D

I agree,the Z32 was a work of art. The ergonomics were absolutely flawless!!

Yes. It did not matter if I shifted fast or slow. I would deliberately mat the clutch, then reach over, and shift. All my care did not matter. The only way to keep it from doing this was to double clutch. It did it with the OEM fluid, and MT-85 Redline.
Yeah I’ve driven a few different branded standard transmission cars that would do that very same thing. A Shelby GT500 I drove had a really bad 1>2 gear grind.

Guys say this prototype is 99% of what the production car will be.

This guy is a total dweeb. He reminds me of Carol Merrill on Let's Make a Deal.

Ed

Back