2022 Mazda CX-9 - HPL PCMO 10W-20 - 7,211 Miles

No doubt it is excellent oil.
I did not follow this engine closely, only stumbling here and there, so that is why I did not catch that fuel dilution issue.
Considering winter temperatures, I wonder how their 5W20 would do or even 5W30, regardless that you get some hit on grade retention. I would run some of their Euro 5W30 stock.

No doubt it is excellent oil.
I did not follow this engine closely, only stumbling here and there, so that is why I did not catch that fuel dilution issue.
Considering winter temperatures, I wonder how their 5W20 would do or even 5W30, regardless that you get some hit on grade retention. I would run some of their Euro 5W30 stock.
The CCS will be the limiting factor for cold operation - and while it can get below 0 on occasion here - in the 3 years I've been here, haven't seen it yet! IF that happens - I'll park in the garage next to the apartment - where it will be significantly warmer due to heat from the building. MRV Viscosity is actually better than a lot of the 5W-30's it competes with! So it will pump if the starter will crank it over!

Edit: If anyone here knows the answer - how would fuel dilution affect CCS? Will it improve CCS? Will it hurt CCS? What exactly will happen?

The CCS will be the limiting factor for cold operation - and while it can get below 0 on occasion here - in the 3 years I've been here, haven't seen it yet! IF that happens - I'll park in the garage next to the apartment - where it will be significantly warmer due to heat from the building. MRV Viscosity is actually better than a lot of the 5W-30's it competes with! So it will pump if the starter will crank it over!

Edit: If anyone here knows the answer - how would fuel dilution affect CCS? Will it improve CCS? Will it hurt CCS? What exactly will happen?
I started 10W40 oil, and as I remember, it was Statoil in the sump at -42c. Though, the camshaft was not happy about it :)

We have a 2018 CX-9 AWD and really like it. We're at 48k miles and it rides beautifully and the motor I find pretty enjoyable. Mileage at 100% city is usually around 19-20 and have seen above 28 on the highway. I would like to service the trans as well as the diff/tcase soon but if I don't get to it soon it will be in the spring.

The report looks good, wishing you many years of reliable service 👍

Fuel dilution will impact CCS in a positive way.