2022 Kia K5 GT-Line Oil suggestions

I've done some searching on here for suggestions on which oil to use in a new '22 K5 GT-Line with the new 1.6t smart stream engine but I have only been able to find information on the GT that has the 2.5T. Any suggestions on which oil I should use? Getting ready to come up on my first oil change soon, probably going to stick with 5k intervals as I've always done on all my cars with no issues.

0W-20 is what the book calls for.

1648827671116.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
Can you tells us what the book says? I'd bet its a w-20, should get better suggestions with that fact..

Sorry, completely forgot to include that. It is 0W-20 as BMW Dom posted.

Well, your choice of oil is going to depend on a few factors.
Do you want to stick with a 0w-20?
How much do you want to pay?
How long are you keeping it?

Well, your choice of oil is going to depend on a few factors.
Do you want to stick with a 0w-20?
How much do you want to pay?
How long are you keeping it?
Tough questions for me, prefer to stick with the recommended but not against not using that either. I've typically done research on the oils I've used in the past and used whatever the consensus was here and with owners in general was the best oil for that motor.
I always say I'm going to keep a new car for a long while, however my average ownership length is about 2-3 years max before I move on to something else. I don't mind maintaining it like I'm going to keep it longer though.
Here's another piece of information that should have been included in my initial post, sorry about that, but I drive a ton. I have about a 80 mile round trip daily commute and usually average around 25-30k miles a year.

I'd just suggest running a good 5w-30 full synthetic.
I've previously ran Mobil 1 and Penzoil, although people on here seem to dog on mobil 1.....I also ran mobil 1 esp in my '16 wrx because people recommended it highly however it was pricey. If I remember right, the point in esp was to help with intake deposits from the direct injection. Since this motor is also DI, is there anything anyone specifically would recommend? Does a catch can completely solve the problem or just help?

I've previously ran Mobil 1 and Penzoil, although people on here seem to dog on mobil 1.....I also ran mobil 1 esp in my '16 wrx because people recommended it highly however it was pricey. If I remember right, the point in esp was to help with intake deposits from the direct injection. Since this motor is also DI, is there anything anyone specifically would recommend? Does a catch can completely solve the problem or just help?
DI probably the biggest screwup the car manufacturers have made in two decades.

Back