2022 Kia Forte GT 1.6 Turbo

Hey everyone!

I just acquired this vehicle in the description in post.. and this is the first time in my life I have ever pulled a oil dipstick on a vehicle and noticed what appears to be “clutch mud” on the dipstick. If you pull a dipstick to check automatic trans fluid you know what I am talking about. Really fine dark material. Not chunky by any means.
But never ever have I seen this on and engine oil dipstick before.
I am new to kia motors, and I don’t have any pics at the moment, and I do plan to follow up with my dealer. Now I know this engine with 800 miles now is still breaking in, but I have had new vehicles before and never noticed this before.
Could someone with this experience with kia motors chime in please? If you noticed this.. did it lessen with time and miles?
On a side note I don’t Know what comes as factory fill other than the recommended 5w30 for the turbo..but kia does however recommend “Total” brand oil.
Thanks in advance!
Also.. to those who know me from other posts over the years,my 07 duramax at 201,000 miles is still running great and is now my secondary vehicle.

Huh? Do you have a picture? I had a 1.6T and had nothing like that on my FF.
What is FF?
I can see dark metallic on my dipstick even before wiping it off. The entire dipstick. No pics yet, but will grab a pic real soon.

Edited (New Info)

Exactly what does it say about the 5W-30?
If all it requires is API or ACEA then M1 ESP 5W-30 might be a great option. If it requires ILSAC (API "Starburst") you will need to use a less robust option.

Last edited:
Dealer said it looks like some of the factory assembly lube on the dipstick. Won’t change oil until 5000 miles.
I will attach some pics some other time. Love this car by the way!
Thanks all

And if it is like most Hyundai/Kia dealers you have a very high chance of getting the wrong grade and most likely bulk oil for your long wait.

And if it is like most Hyundai/Kia dealers you have a very high chance of getting the wrong grade and most likely bulk oil for your long wait.
I will get a receipt for sure of what was dumped in. The oil cap says 5w30 but I’m sure they could miss that as well.

I will get a receipt for sure of what was dumped in. The oil cap says 5w30 but I’m sure they could miss that as well.
A VW or Audi dealership yes, a Hyundai/Kia dealership, it's a 60/40 chance you received what the receipt says. They run their dealerships like puppy mills. I would not have faith with them with my car.

Back