2022 Kia Carnival

Totally new Kia Carnival is out now in very limited quantities. Enjoy the hastily snapped cell phone pics. It was snowing today but i wanted to see one before they were gone. I did go for a short drive down the road and it feels very light and nimble for a van. Interior seems to be super high quality. My wife and I are expecting child #3 this fall so we have begun the hunt for some lame 3 row to replace her Regal TourX. The ergonomics of it all are very well thought out. These have at least 1" more ground clearance than your typical mini vans but no AWD or Plug in Hybrid options yet.

We are considering one of these, a Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle, and maybe some larger SUV 3 rows. The sliding doors is a huge bonus for the kids though.

Attachments

• IMG_3175.jpg
    IMG_3175.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_3174.jpg
    IMG_3174.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 135
I'm guessing it will be expensive to insure because it's new, aftermarket crash parts are not available yet, Kia knows it and a minor accident is an expensive one.

Looks nice. Any incentives or they are full price because they are brand new?
They are selling ultra fast at full price plus doc fees. There is a 1.9% for 66 months but that's nothing amazing. So they are not a deal, but very nice for the price. Pacifica limited with everything is like 52k vs 46k for SX Prestige for example. Chrysler has big rebates but also a higher starting price.

Reactions: JC1
This is one of the nicest execution of a mini-van in recent times. They will not sell a ton-because they are a mini-van. But it's a very nice design.

OP-what's the resale value of a extremely unpopular vehicle such as the Tour-X?

This is one of the nicest execution of a mini-van in recent times. They will not sell a ton-because they are a mini-van. But it's a very nice design.
I dunno, it showed up out of the blue this week and already the SX models statewide are sold. They were only around for 2 days, there has been zero advertising for this thing yet.

OP-what's the resale value of a extremely unpopular vehicle such as the Tour-X?
Tour X is going to Vroom for a surprisingly high price, we will lose 4 grand owning it for nearly 2 years.

vroom offered more than the dealer including the sales tax credit? wow!
I didn't even ask the dealers cause i know they will pay way less. We got such a good deal on it initially that the losses are minimal.

Sedona sound better. Telluride and Carnival? I think the guy Hyundai pays to think up car names is spending a little too much time watching the pig races at the county fair.

I get that Carnival is a little goofy, but how is Sedona any different than Telluride?

Kia is finally adapting same name domestically and internationally for their vehicles like this SUV-wanna-be minivan and K5. I like Kia designs and much more attractive than Hyundai designs. With Korean models, one MY to next MY is too drastic for my liking.

I didn't even ask the dealers cause i know they will pay way less. We got such a good deal on it initially that the losses are minimal.
I would have asked them to match it. their business is to sell cars they will make money on it and you have less paperwork.

Just checked for my jeepVroom offer 23k, which is decent for no haggle.
but the dealer would only have to offer 21550 if I was trading it in on a new car to be the same value.

and of course if your sales tax is more than the 6.75% that number changes even lower.

Overall though I am impressed with their no haggle offer. Considering the msrp on my jeep is 38k
, but I paid $28.5k
2.75 years and 37500 miles ago 5.5k isnt too bad.

Back