2022 Hyundai Palisade 5w30 Oil

I’ve never paid attention to oil classifications beyond viscosity. Am I going to find a quality non-synthetic that meets Hyundai’s requirements for this Palisade, or should I just run synthetic?

Plan was for 5k oil change intervals, that’s what I do with all my cars.

Takes 7 or 8 quarts, so if I can save a significant amount with a quality regular oil, I’m fine with that…but it’s not seeming like a huge price difference for regular vs synthetic.

Not used to buying oil because I’ve hoarded a ton of quality 0w20 that I used to use in all my vehicles, but now we have this Palisade that specs 5w30.

Attachments

• 10AB59EB-714B-4EA9-95BF-E964D6BA67EC.jpg
    10AB59EB-714B-4EA9-95BF-E964D6BA67EC.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 228
I’m surprised a 2022 Hyundai doesn’t say to use full synthetic. This picture is from a 2022 Kia Soul and it says to use full synthetic now.

If you’re changing the oil yourself, there’s really no savings by using a blend. A jug of synthetic is only a few dollars more.

Attachments

• 34FF47EA-AAA6-46EA-A9BF-32A9C4FCE95B.jpeg
    34FF47EA-AAA6-46EA-A9BF-32A9C4FCE95B.jpeg
    279.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 26E1E4C6-0971-4091-94D6-23963A5473D0.jpeg
    26E1E4C6-0971-4091-94D6-23963A5473D0.jpeg
    340.9 KB · Views: 145
I've never seen oil volumes given in US gallons...weird. I'd never consider using anything but synthetic because the difference will be a couple of bucks and it's so much easier to find.

I was thinking synthetic as well, just didn’t know if it was overkill when I change at 5k and it’s a 7+ quart engine.

I’ll probably just go with whatever synthetics are on sale at the time. Seems Home Depot Penzoil Platinum and then adding on a rebate may be the best deal right now.

Thanks!

Your spending good money on that SUV , so use a decent synthetic oil found at WM such as Quaker State Full Synthetic 5W30 . M1 5W30 or Valvoline Advanced 5W30 ... All are good oils for aa long , healthy engine life run at 5K miles / 6 moth OCI's .

Keep in mind that you need ACEA A5, which limits your options.

I have been using 5W30 Mobil 1 in my Hyundais without any issues.

I had actually wanted to use Costcos Kirkland synthetic but my local places don’t have it.

So I guess HD stocks pennzoil platinum, NOT “ultra platinum”

Pennzoils site doesn’t make it clear what acea rating their oils are.

Are these ACEA ratings really that important? Is pennzoil platinum not up to the “a5” rating? Home Depot’s listing online says it’s a1.

I’m surprised a 2022 Hyundai doesn’t say to use full synthetic. This picture is from a 2022 Kia Soul and it says to use full synthetic now.

If you’re changing the oil yourself, there’s really no savings by using a blend. A jug of synthetic is only a few dollars more.
I can’t even find that it’s rated ACEA a5. Advance, Walmart, Home Depot etc don’t even list this rating online. How do you guys figure these stupid ratings out?

Nevermind, finally found the right document for pennzoil at least
7ECB632B-E006-4BB2-937D-3EEEC61FF00D.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife's palisade has gotten Full Synthetic from Kirkland, Valvoline, and most recently a blend of Pennzoil Platinum and Kirkland that I had left over. UOA came back well enough. It doesn't seem to be a picky engine. 6.87 quarts I believe is the official capacity. I usually just add 7 and it shows full on the dipstick.

In our 2022 i just use 7qts of any good synthetic. Not gonna overthink this stuff anymore. Dipstick has been showing oil at the "F" mark without fail so far.

I’ve never paid attention to oil classifications beyond viscosity. Am I going to find a quality non-synthetic that meets Hyundai’s requirements for this Palisade, or should I just run synthetic?
Use Synthetic motor oil in a new car...use it use it use it. This is a GDI engine, oil cleanliness matters. You really wanna keep that pcv clean, and i also suggest sticking to top tier gas: exxon, shell, bp, chevron, costco. Those direct fuel injectors will thank you later with very little soot on you intake valves.

I suggest 5w-30 mobil 1 EP. I pour that into everything, including the neighbors car late at night when he's not looking.

Back