2022 G63 when to do first oci for engine and diff?

Hey all! for a 2022 mercedes g63 amg, when would you do the first oci for both the engine and diff? Mb manual says engine is good for 10,000 mi and the rear diff to be done at 2000 miles

oil capacity seems to be massive at 10 quarts.

I will def follow the rear diff number since 2000 miles doesn't seem like much unless its recommended to do it earlier

but i feel like i should probably do firsy oil change a bit earlier.

what do u think?

I would follow the manual as far as the differential goes. With a ten quart engine capacity, you can go longer on the oil than an engine with a four quart capacity. I would take the factory oil to 3-4 k miles and then follow the manual after that.

Hey all! for a 2022 mercedes g63 amg, when would you do the first oci for both the engine and diff? Mb manual says engine is good for 10,000 mi and the rear diff to be done at 2000 miles

oil capacity seems to be massive at 10 quarts.

I will def follow the rear diff number since 2000 miles doesn't seem like much unless its recommended to do it earlier

but i feel like i should probably do firsy oil change a bit earlier.

what do u think?
I would do

1k miles OC
5k miles OC
And every 5k after that

You can do a UOA to determine if you can adjust OCI but 6 months/5k is what most people here will say

And secondly, make sure you are using oil that is spec for MB

If you change enough differentials the oil on a new unit will be much [dirtier] than after any other oil change. As others have posted how long do you keep your vheicles.

well im looking to keep this vehcile for a while since it costed a pretty penny so wanna baby the fluids as much as i can

The differential is for break in. The limited slip has significant break in detritus. Follow what Warez posted for the oil. Fluids and filters are cheap insurance.

Back