2022 Crosstrek 6000 MI/ Amsoil OE 0w-20 ...High amount of petrol in the oil...

Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 7.18.11 PM.jpg

2.5% isnt that bad on the horrid fuel dilution scale.
that would be 5%+

however with blackstone its an inferred fuel dilution from the flashpoint.
and notoriously inaccurate.

Fuel isn't that bad, and yes short trips do cause that. If it concerns you use a 30 grade. What did you refill it with.

That number is horribly inaccurate, it's probably >5%, which is something to be concerned about.

Next time, use OAI or Polaris to get a proper fuel %. It's worth paying more if you have fuel dilution concerns (and you clearly do).

Update : I think I know why I had a high petrol number . I ran amsoil engine flush before dumping the old oil . Had to idle for 15-20 minutes

Drive your vehicle 30+ miles at highway speeds at least one a week. This gets all of the lubricants up to full operating temperature. It will burn off fuel in the oil.

OP, why an engine flush at 18K miles on the odometer?
Guess just like to keep my engine clean? I had almost 270k miles on my focus ST that wasn't burning oil at all then it got totaled. Changed my oil at every 3000 miles on that car once it hit 50k miles

Guess just like to keep my engine clean? I had almost 270k miles on my focus ST that wasn't burning oil at all then it got totaled. Changed my oil at every 3000 miles on that car once it hit 50k miles
That's just stupid. If you're changing your oil on time, there is zero reason to introduce a flush product into your engine.

Back