2022 Accord Sport 2.0 Genuine Honda 0w-20 2k miles

I'm attaching my report from black stone labs. I made sure the dealer changed the oil prior to purchase, which was around 6500 miles, and I drove 2000 miles and changed to 5w-30 now that we're past the cold storms in my area (it hasn't dropped bellow 45°F here since the change and it's normally 55°F+ during the day).

Switched to Valvoline 5w30 high mileage formula. It's what I've always run (different grades) on my cars and have had no issues. Switched to 5w30 due to tune and higher boost pressure.

Also just wanted to make sure the oil was fine as it smelled of gas, which on the report, 1.8% is what it was which imo is bad for 2000 miles. I don't do any city driving 99% highway and I push the car hard here and there.

Screenshot_20230203-173028.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2.0L isn't known for fuel dilution (think it's pretty limited to the 1.5L) plus you driving 99% (??) highway miles makes that fuel dilution value suspect.

The 2.0L isn't known for fuel dilution (think it's pretty limited to the 1.5L) plus you driving 99% (??) highway miles makes that fuel dilution value suspect.
Turbo cars will always have more fuel dilution, this is just suspect because it should still be 1% or less

PCV flow isn't an issue or cause.

If you gather more UOA data, you might even consider the thicker 30 euro/hdeo oils and even the 0w40 or 5w40, weather permitting.

I hope that Valvoline HM is a full synthetic, and not their blended conventional.

Your gas is likely higher than 1.8% judging by your viscosity of 6.44. Blackstone cant measure fuel dilution accurately. 5w-30 is a way to go, it will compensate for viscosity loss due to gas.

Horrible!
A Euro 0W40 or 5W40 would serve you better. Your tune is probably making the dilution worse than what stock engine numbers would be.

Anytime Blackstone gives you a fuel measurement you can pretty much double it.

With that said I recommend a Euro spec oil. I'm currently running 0w30 ESP in my K20C.

As said above the 30wt will help with the viscosity loss due to the dilution.

Anytime Blackstone gives you a fuel measurement you can pretty much double it.

With that said I recommend a Euro spec oil. I'm currently running 0w30 ESP in my K20C.

As said above the 30wt will help with the viscosity loss due to the dilution.
I switched to my usual (that i use in most of my cars) 5w30 valvoline HM full synth.

Back