2022 Accord 2.0 Turbo

Getting ready to do the first oil change on my 2022 Accord Touring 2.0 Turbo. Considering using Quaker State Full Synthetic 5W30 with the Honda OEM filter. ANy issues running this combination?

Getting ready to do the first oil change on my 2022 Accord Touring 2.0 Turbo. Considering using Quaker State Full Synthetic 5W30 with the Honda OEM filter. ANy issues running this combination?

Curious does it call for SN SN+ or SP?

No problem, QS FS 0W-20 is a good oil. It EXCEEDS your Honda's oil requirements. Use it with confidence. Just do a short OCI, preferably 5K miles no matter what the manual says

Exactly what my friend said that owns an independent Honda/Acura repair facility near me.

2021 Accord Sport 2.0t here. Im currently running M1 ESP 5w30. My research shows a w30 weight holds up a little better in these GTDI engines.

Good to know. I actually have a few 5 quart jugs that I used in my old 2015 Civic SI and in my wife's 2020 Pilot. Most likely will use QS FS for awhile and then maybe switch to Mobil 1 when there is a sale at Wally World.
No problem, QS FS 0W-20 is a good oil. It EXCEEDS your Honda's oil requirements. Use it with confidence. Just do a short OCI, preferably 5K miles no matter what the manual says

I have a heavily modified Honda Accord 2.0T and I have Quaker State FS in mine (0w20) I’m sending in my oil for analysis this week after around 2000 miles on the oil mainly because I drive it hard, go to the drag strip and use e85. Curious to see the fuel dilution. I’ll be sure to post the results.

If you’re stock under warranty stick to 0w20. Depending on my results I may switch to 5w30 In the near future. My next oil change will use Castrol Edge 0w20 and I’ll do an analysis on that too.

2021 Accord Sport 2.0t here. Im currently running M1 ESP 5w30. My research shows a w30 weight holds up a little better in these GTDI engines.
I may make the switch to 5w30 depending on my UOA of QSFS 0w20 results in my Accord 2.0t especially since I’m making around 125 horsepower over stock (based off of 1/4 mile trap speeds).

How long are you going between oil change intervals ?

Good choice. That would be my top choice for that engine, as well (at least among oils that are reasonably easy to obtain).

We should note, for those who may be following this thread, and are not aware, that M1 ESP 5W-30 is not a standard “American” API 5W-30. Rather, it is an ACEA C3 “Euro” oil that is formulated for European gasoline and diesel engines that are designed to be run harder, for longer, than what is typical here in the States. It’s thicker, with approximately 3.5 HTHS rating, while standard M1 is around 3.2.

As you said, it holds up a lot better under the harsh conditions in a TGDI engine.

Last edited:
If you're doing it yourself, be prepared to use a good filter wrench to get the filter off. They are usually tight.....very tight. Matter of fact, here's a picture of the official Honda filter installer at work on the assembly line:

ir_599_huge_impact_wrench.jpg

If you're doing it yourself, be prepared to use a good filter wrench to get the filter off. They are usually tight.....very tight. Matter of fact, here's a picture of the official Honda filter installer at work on the assembly line:

View attachment 119918
I always go with a K&N filter or nothing. With inflation prices they are now $18/filter though. Used to pay around $12-$13 from what I recall. Maybe $15 max.

ESP is becoming more available.

I see that Auto Zone now has the 5W-30 variant for $35.99/jug. Not a bad price. Not great, but not bad.

AAP seems to stock the 0W-30, and I have managed to get it on sale there for less than $30/jug when on sale or with a discount code.

Recently moved and did some hilly trailer towing with my Tacoma that has over 250,000 miles. I’m running the M1-ESP 0W-30 (which, as I recall, is actually a bit thicker than the 5W-30 at ops temp). I was glad to have the extra margin with the ESP.

I may make the switch to 5w30 depending on my UOA of QSFS 0w20 results in my Accord 2.0t especially since I’m making around 125 horsepower over stock (based off of 1/4 mile trap speeds).

How long are you going between oil change intervals ?
Im gradually increasing OCI. Right now Im going to 5k and monitoring fuel dilution.

Im gradually increasing OCI. Right now Im going to 5k and monitoring fuel dilution.
Keep us posted I should have my results in next week and I’ll post them. I posted your 0w20 UOA below it’s crazy how low the viscosity dropped after just 3300 miles. Then again I’m giving 0W20 Castrol Edge a go as it is less prone to shearing (so they say).

Is the 2.0 known to have dilution problems?
0w20 is shearing in these engines check out this UPA after only 3300 miles I can only imagine how bad mine would have sheared (more horsepower and racing).

Keep us posted I should have my results in next week and I’ll post them. I posted your 0w20 UOA below it’s crazy how low the viscosity dropped after just 3300 miles. Then again I’m giving 0W20 Castrol Edge a go as it is less prone to shearing (so they say).
We have the 1.5 Accord engine. I am on my first oci using Catrol 0w20 Edge + Honda OEM filter. I am going with an 0w30 next time and will run a uoa after each. Just curious to see how they differ. I will be sending my samples to Amsoil labs to make sure I get a real "fuel" number as opposed to the Blackstone results based on what I have learned here that Blackstone's results are not obtained from the use of a GC lab test.

Last edited:
Back