2022 Accord 2.0 Turbo

in my 2017 Accord sport se (non turbo) I run M1 0W40. I started out with various 5w20’s and after uoa with shear and mostly fuel dilution it was borderline W16. I bumped up to 5W30 based off of others recommendations

Wanted to try 0W40 as I’ve heard a lot of good things about it. It is a thin 40 grade or thicker 30 however you want to look at it. I’m 4K in to my oci, will sample and send it in in a few thousand more miles

Getting ready to do the first oil change on my 2022 Accord Touring 2.0 Turbo. Considering using Quaker State Full Synthetic 5W30 with the Honda OEM filter. ANy issues running this combination?
I think I'd do the same. That is a legit oil and on a factory stock turbo vehicle I'd be running at least a 5W-30 as well.
Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 6.38.12 PM.jpg

Im not sure? It depends on who you ask. My UOA from Blackstone showed no fuel, however users on here seem to disagree.

Yes it does dilute oil with gas, here is my UOA for same engine with mostly highway driving. The oil needs to be changed more often and potentially higher viscosity

0w20 is shearing in these engines check out this UPA after only 3300 miles I can only imagine how bad mine would have sheared (more horsepower and racing).

I very much doubt there is mechanical shear as was noted in that thread.

Getting ready to do the first oil change on my 2022 Accord Touring 2.0 Turbo. Considering using Quaker State Full Synthetic 5W30 with the Honda OEM filter. ANy issues running this combination?
I run either 5/40 or 0/40 in my J35. Honda engines honestly don't care what you use. Now in Europe they recommend, ACEA A5/B5 A3\B4 API SL. So run whatever floats your boat

Back