2021 Tesla Model S Plaid and a Refresh

New Tesla Model S Plaid just revealed including a interior refresh for all Model S models.

Model S Plaid Specs:
0-60MPH: 1.99 seconds
1/4 mile: 9.23 seconds @ 155 MPH
1,020 Horsepower
390 mile range
200 MPH top speed
Three motors
$120,000
.208 cD

On the road in a few weeks.

And that’s the slow version....

The $140,000 Plaid+ comes later this year with 520+ mile range, 1/4 mile in the 8s and over 1,100 HP.

Similar upgrades to the Model X too. 9.9 sec 1/4 mile for a 7-seat family SUV 😄

Attachments

• A7868F58-E0CB-4388-9F1C-9BC42C41E890.jpeg
    A7868F58-E0CB-4388-9F1C-9BC42C41E890.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 25
Is there still a Ludicrous version?

I didn't realize Musk was a huge spaceballs fan

The faster one is gonna do 8's in the quarter mile.
Can you name another car at any price that this car won't annihilate on the street?

Is this gonna be the our government car? Deliver my mail real fast?

There's something delightful and down to earth about how Tesla picks names.

Just plain fun.. nothing majestic or overly serious (Grand Caravan, Supra, Explorer, Tundra)

And for those who haven't caught onto the Tesla model names and what they spell out:

S
X
Y

Just plain fun.. nothing majestic or overly serious (Grand Caravan, Supra, Explorer, Tundra)

And for those who haven't caught onto the Tesla model names and what they spell out:

S
X
Y

Aye, but the X came before the 3 ;)

S
X
Y
Musk wanted the letter "E", but Ford had it for their EV Mustang. So he picked "3".
I like 3 better.

S3XY Cybertruck? Hardly...

The faster one is gonna do 8's in the quarter mile.
Can you name another car at any price that this car won't annihilate on the street?

Is this gonna be the our government car? Deliver my mail real fast?
I can see park rangers wanting one, to take home every night.

How much is subtracted for "rollout" in the 0-60?I don't even know what rollout is unless I look it up.

Insane how fast these are. 8-9 second 1/4 mile cars can get you in a lot of trouble quickly. If trading these dumpy companies resumes today, maybe I’ll get one!

Insane how fast these are. 8-9 second 1/4 mile cars can get you in a lot of trouble quickly. If trading these dumpy companies resumes today, maybe I’ll get one!
I can tell you, driving a Model 3, any Model 3, is a blast with its instant torque and super low center of gravity.
It is way more than 0 to 60; it is quick in many ways.
You can get where you are going faaaaast. But you won't want to. They are really fun cars to drive.

Stepping up to a new Model S, you can make life miserable for any Porsche, Ferrari, McLaren, you name it.

I'll agree with the poster above Elon is a wack job. Sure he has cars put the door but just wait. Tesla is pushing Congress to make it illegal to work on your own vehicles among others. I don't know why people are so giddy over this company. An official data cable to talk to a Tesla vehicle is proprietary and $1,000. Two Jason Fenske wanted to order high performance brake pads for his model 3 but for some reason can't as Tesla mandates a wheel and tire package together. Elon isn't really that amusing.

I'll agree with the poster above Elon is a wack job. Sure he has cars put the door but just wait. Tesla is pushing Congress to make it illegal to work on your own vehicles among others. I don't know why people are so giddy over this company. An official data cable to talk to a Tesla vehicle is proprietary and $1,000. Two Jason Fenske wanted to order high performance brake pads for his model 3 but for some reason can't as Tesla mandates a wheel and tire package together. Elon isn't really that amusing.
Right to repair has started becoming a huge movement FYI.

Even with that, why deal with a company that is difficult to deal with. The new model Y is a production disaster with appalling fit and finish yet everyone seems to want one. Plus parts are almost impossible to get.

Back