2021 Sony Bravia TV announcement

Looking for a 65". I have a 55X950G at the moment. Seeing what tomorrow brings. If no significant improvements for 2021, I may just jump on an A8H or X950H if we can get another price drop with the usual Super Bowl sales.

Haven't bought a new TV in 12 years. One of these days I'll get one....

ooh... lookie here... 40k posts! Not exactly proud of this.
New TVs are so much better at saving power than older TVs. The 65 inch sharp from 2008 used 456 watts of power. My Toshiba 55 inch from 2012 uses 88 watts and the new TCL varies power consumption between 65-85 watts depending on what's playing. Factor in upgrades to 4k picture quality and prices that are much better if you buy them on sale (unless you are buying bleeding edge technology).

New TVs are so much better at saving power than older TVs. The 65 inch sharp from 2008 used 456 watts of power. My Toshiba 55 inch from 2012 uses 88 watts and the new TCL varies power consumption between 65-85 watts depending on what's playing. Factor in upgrades to 4k picture quality and prices that are much better if you buy them on sale (unless you are buying bleeding edge technology).
Our 55" Samsung from 2009 pulls about 90 Watts. We don't watch much TV these days anyway.

I don't have any 4K video sources currently.

My 19” from 1993 uses 43 watts once it’s fired up

Reactions: JC1
You can pry my twelve year old Panasonic Plasma from my cold, dead fingers.

When it eventually dies I think I will probably go through the normal symptoms of losing a loved one.
I like plasma picture quality but man they can heat up a room If used for long periods of time.

That may be ok In winter but I don't wanna feel like I'm outdoors in AZ when I'm in my house during summer months.

Haven't bought a new TV in 12 years. One of these days I'll get one....

ooh... lookie here... 40k posts! Not exactly proud of this.

I have two 40" Sony TV
They are both Bravia

They both sit largely unused.

We don't pay for TV programs, we use OTA and most of the time we've seen the episodes on.. so we cut a massive cable bill out of budget. Internet only.
20210109_104224.jpg
20210109_104242.jpg
20210109_104400.jpg

There's nothing good on TV anyway, so.

As much of a joke, I have found it to be true..

Me, personally, I don't really have the time to watch any TV and I don't feel like spending money on Netflix (even though "American Gods" looks like a good show) .. Maybe the DVD when the series is over. I watch TV but glancingly so. I'm getting old lol.

I got rid of cable last Feb. I have prime, finally got Netflix and running IPTV. Just got myself a VPN, so there's a ton of watching options.

I have a WD live Tv tha we used to use for a lot of movie watching. I don't miss those days. Have my mom's Blu-ray player and bunch of dvds that she bought, but I haven't watched a dvd in a long time. I should fire up the matrix and see how it looks on the 4k TCL.

I got rid of cable last Feb. I have prime, finally got Netflix and running IPTV. Just got myself a VPN, so there's a ton of watching options.

I have a WD live Tv tha we used to use for a lot of movie watching. I don't miss those days. Have my mom's Blu-ray player and bunch of dvds that she bought, but I haven't watched a dvd in a long time. I should fire up the matrix and see how it looks on the 4k TCL.

That is exactly where I am.

I am the ONLY PERSON that will wait for a DVD to arrive in the mail.

It is all I can do to be... old school.

When they stop releasing movies on DVD I will be truly hurt.

DO they even make movies in 2021 anymore? (No)

Reactions: JC1
BD releases are alive and well, and if you have a home theater setup like I do it's still the only way to get lossless audio...as of now streaming services can give lossy Atmos at best. Plus 1 for Sony...almost my entire setup is Sony so I'm a bit of a fanboy haha.

You can pry my twelve year old Panasonic Plasma from my cold, dead fingers.

When it eventually dies I think I will probably go through the normal symptoms of losing a loved one.
Wow, you do have an old one.

My Panasonic TC-P50ST50 50” plasma that I bought in 2012 is still working great.

Just a bit of image retention from the Fox News Channel logo. But it’s only visible if you really look for it.

Back