2021 RX450h F Sport

I hope you like red...
1613787521924.jpg
1613787547369.jpg

That profile shot posted in the other warranty topic reveals so many places that a misalignment, and poor build quality could noticeably manifest themselves, yet it all lines up, and everything is in place.

Quality isn't some elusive thing, and impossible to achieve, but the company has to value the principle, and the people have to be dedicated to it.

No need for excuses here.

That profile shot posted in the other warranty topic reveals so many places that a misalignment, and poor build quality could noticeably manifest themselves, yet it all lines up, and everything is in place.

Quality isn't some elusive thing, and impossible to achieve, but the company has to value the principle, and the people have to be dedicated to it.

No need for excuses here.
It is a very nice car. Nice firm, confident suspension, unlike our non F Sport RX. The hybrid AWD drivetrain is nothing special or high tech, but should be Toyota dependable. The F Sport should be stable safe in the rare SF Bay Area rain storm.

Not to mention a great Costco vehicle, right?
1613961186364.jpg

My neighbor still plugs away with her 1st gen RX, which still hums along with nary a problem (in contrast to the M-B and Jeeps before). She's tried the current ones, but doesn't like how they've grown larger.

Reactions: Ws6
Man I love bright white with red leather interior. What do you expect to see for real world MPG with the hybrid?
Well, we took it from Los Gatos to Petaluma on Saturday (about 90 miles). Freeway to SF, then traffic through The City. More freeway and some around town in Petaluma. And home.
Gassed up at Costco yesterday with about 250 on the clock. 25.7 MPG according to the computer.
And I drove it in Sport and Sport + mode...
GG Bridge at 4:00 PM....
1614004874460.jpg

Must of sold the ranch......
MSRP $63,500
Putnam Lexus Discount $2,500
Lexus Cash $2,500

Credit for our low mileage 2018 RX450h lease return was $2,000.
All the F Sport models come heavily optioned; there are no strippies.

The non hybrid RX350 lists for less and are easily discounted perhaps $10K.
The hybrid RX450h should see a $5K discount, maybe more.
Lexus cash on top of that.
This car is white on red, which is rarely discounted at all, if you can find one.
Red interior is F Sport only.
I started looking at least 4 months ago. 4 major dealers in the SF Bay Area were vying for our business.
Putnam, Stevens Creek, Pleasenton, Fremont, Serramonte. Is that 5?

I always drove used Hondas and strippie Toyota Pickups, while Silicon Valley parking lots were full of drop dead gorgeous Beemers and Benzes.
I saved and invested, and worked to pay off my house. No vacations...

I would guess you could see high 20's with a little more stop and go. Impressive for a pretty big AWD vehicle.

It is a very nice car. Nice firm, confident suspension, unlike our non F Sport RX. The hybrid AWD drivetrain is nothing special or high tech, but should be Toyota dependable. The F Sport should be stable safe in the rare SF Bay Area rain storm.

Not to mention a great Costco vehicle, right?
View attachment 46359
The Hybrid AWD drivetrain is a little outdated considering the RAV4 and Highlander.

But, when the RX gets redesigned, will it get the 4-banger hybrid, or will Lexus differentiate it by keeping the V6?

I'm probably going to get the Highlander Hybrid Platinum AWD for next year's ski season.

The Hybrid AWD drivetrain is a little outdated considering the RAV4 and Highlander.

But, when the RX gets redesigned, will it get the 4-banger hybrid, or will Lexus differentiate it by keeping the V6?

I'm probably going to get the Highlander Hybrid Platinum AWD for next year's ski season.
It may be dated but the V6 hybrid drives a lot nicer than the new 4-cyl/hybrid. The V6 is much more refined but at the expense of fuel economy.

That interior is nice but I wish Lexus would have had a two toned instrument panel. Maybe a lighter color below with the black on top?

Yes, the V6 is nothing special or high tech. I have another configuration in our old GS350.
But it is rock solid. An easy 300K engine with basic maintenance.
I asked the dealership when the new RX will be out; they said not for perhaps 2 to 3 years.
I don't believe them.

Our car is pretty much the 2016 RX with refinements. Same vehicle; a little old in the tooth.
IMO, it is still the best thing out there. Plus, it was wifey's decision, so that's that.

It may be dated but the V6 hybrid drives a lot nicer than the new 4-cyl/hybrid. The V6 is much more refined but at the expense of fuel economy.
I'll be happy with 35 mpg combined, for the road trips to Mammoth, etc.

As well as a better executed 7-passenger configuration (even if Toyota is a tad small compared to its competition), compared to the RX-L's rear seat which is no better than compact 7-passenger SUV's

I really wish Lexus used more powerful motors. I'd totally have looked into one of these type SUV's if they were a touch more performance oriented. They do last forever though. Tortoise and hare I guess.

Back