2021 Porsche Macan GTS turbo oil

My daughter-in-law just bought herself a new Macan GTS turbo. The dealer couldn't tell what oil to use other than saying Mobil 1 0w-30. After persistently contacting them they finally said it was Mobil 1 0w-30 ESP. I know Porsche really pushes Mobil 1 but I was wondering if Pennzoil Platnum Euro Lx 0w-30 would be as good or better than the Mobil 1. It appears to meet the Porshe c30 approval (VW 504 /507). I'm not a Mobil 1 fan but I don't want to advise her to use something that would cause any future problems. It appears oil options for this vehicle are pretty slim in the U.S.

I would just stay with Mobil 1 especially during the warranty period. She’s paying a lot of coin for that vehicle just stick with the Good ole Mobil 1 for now

My daughter-in-law just bought herself a new Macan GTS turbo. The dealer couldn't tell what oil to use other than saying Mobil 1 0w-30. After persistently contacting them they finally said it was Mobil 1 0w-30 ESP. I know Porsche really pushes Mobil 1 but I was wondering if Pennzoil Platnum Euro Lx 0w-30 would be as good or better than the Mobil 1. It appears to meet the Porshe c30 approval (VW 504 /507). I'm not a Mobil 1 fan but I don't want to advise her to use something that would cause any future problems. It appears oil options for this vehicle are pretty slim in the U.S.
Anything Porsche C30 or VW 504.00/507.00.
I know you said you are not M1 fan, but take into consideration that 0W30 and 5W30 C30 are some of the best stuff out there. You can go PP Euro LX 0W30, you can go Motul 5W30 X-Clean+, etc.

I would bet the car came with an owners manual. Read it and it will have the proper specifications that Porsche recommends.
We looked at the manual very closely and it's clear as mud. It mentions several differing Porsche approvals (C30 being only one) for several different turbo motors that have differing emission systems. It was unclear what emissions system her Macan has. That's when the Porsche service people at the dealership were contacted. They were baffeled as this was the first 2021 Macan received at their dealership (2nd one off the boat in the U.S.) and specs were different than 2020's for a number of things, oil requirements being one. Most surprisingly is that the Porsche Mobile 1 web site (yes they have their own) 2021's aren't even listed yet. Once Mobil ES was mentioned we worked backward and concluded it was Porsche C30 approval and could look at other C30 approved oils as well.

M1 ESP line is held in high regard.

Any C30 is fine but it's not like there's anything better than M1. Similar?? Perhaps but not better.

We looked at the manual very closely and it's clear as mud. It mentions several differing Porsche approvals (C30 being only one) for several different turbo motors that have differing emission systems. It was unclear what emissions system her Macan has. That's when the Porsche service people at the dealership were contacted. They were baffeled as this was the first 2021 Macan received at their dealership (2nd one off the boat in the U.S.) and specs were different than 2020's for a number of things, oil requirements being one. Most surprisingly is that the Porsche Mobile 1 web site (yes they have their own) 2021's aren't even listed yet. Once Mobil ES was mentioned we worked backward and concluded it was Porsche C30 approval and could look at other C30 approved oils as well.
Regardless of emission system (GPF), you can use C30. C30 is compatible with GPF even if manual says C20 (somewhere it will say you can also use C30), you will not do any damage. Actually, C30 is preferable in engine like that.
As for confusion, it is VW specialty, though not as bad as Hyundai.

Porsche is under VWAG, so... that means even Porsche can't get the required oil straight.

Is there a sticker in the engine bay that specifies oil requirements?

Also, there's usually an emissions system sticker in the engine bay also. Probably LEV emissions

Last edited:
I don’t get why VAG dealers find it hard to advise customers what oil spec they need. All they have to do is make a service sheet and it tells them. We recently serviced a car a customer complained we put the wrong oil in it he thought it took 508 as 4 other Audi dealers told him so. Well no mate it doesn’t it takes 507. Showed him the service sheet attached to the job card and the part number on a new bottle of oil.

Back