2021 Nissan Frontier 3.8 v6 factory fill 5020 miles

I bought it new 6 months ago and just changed the oil for the first time at 5020 miles, the recommended interval is 7500, I will probably be doing 7500 from now on. There was some debate on the club frontier site about how much the fill was somewhere it was said to be 5.3 quarts, but I used 5 quarts from a 5 quart jug of Supertech 0/20 and it was perfect. I had 5/20 laying around and I live in the Arizona desert but in the end I bought the recommended oil, interestingly the fill cap doesn't specify any oil. I also used the factory made in Japan Mahle oil filter which is exactly the same as what it came with originally. This is a "new" motor for the Frontier and supposedly it is basically the same as the motor from the GTR without the twin turbos. I am kind of new so any insights would appreciated. Also this is a direct injection motor and there has been talk of fuel leaking into the motor the report show what appears to be almost none.

Attachments

• 21 frontier oil analysys.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 244
I'd stick with a quality 0W20 while in warranty. The Supertech is good choice. Since you're in the AZ desert, you might look into Mobil 1 AFE 0W30 for down the road when you're comfortable breaking away from manufacturer specs.

Back