2021 Mobil 1 Rebate?

Just submitted my Walmart paper receipt on these 3 bad boys I scored yesterday for $16.66 each after tax

I followed Mobil CS lady's instruction:

Clicked as 2X 5qt jugs High Mileage

If all works as planned I'll be at $30 total OTD after tax for 36qts of M1 5W20 !! (y) :cool:

Dave

1619980837345.png

Just submitted my Walmart paper receipt on these 3 bad boys I scored yesterday for $16.66 each after tax

If all works as planned I'll be at $30 total OTD after tax for 36qts of M1 5W20 !! (y) :cool:

Dave

View attachment 56011
That’s awesome! My Wal Marts didn’t have this deal so I settled on 2 5quart jugs M1EP 0w20. Submitted separately and already approved. Thank You Dave 🇺🇸🇨🇦🍺

That’s awesome! My Wal Marts didn’t have this deal so I settled on 2 5quart jugs M1EP 0w20. Submitted separately and already approved. Thank You Dave 🇺🇸🇨🇦🍺

Ya Adam about 15 Walmart stores in my area that had these boxes under $20 on brick seek. But I only lucked out at 3 of them

One box is getting donated to a guy who has helped with my auto parts business last few years and has a "new to him" 2010 Camry 4cyl other 2 I'm hoping to use next time I pick up a Crown Vic "donut chaser" at auction :cool:(y)

Dave

^ I received the same error message as blufeb95. The image I tried to upload was under the 10mb size limit and was a .jpg

I will try calling as well and post back if I get any info.

Thanks for posting
I submitted again using my PC this time and the image was uploaded successfully. Not sure if that was the issue or rather an issue on Mobils end.

I tried again just now, I'd tried earlier and it didn't work, I still feel I need to call them and explain and have them remove the 8 other claims when I kept trying.

I called mobil rebate support and the rep said that once it's declined that I would have to resubmit but that it should have went through. She said to submit this time as 10 individual quarts and to call again if it gets declined. This is a dumb solution IMO and she inspired not confidence in me because the first thing she said to me was that once it's declined, there's nothing they can do. So what will it being declined again achieve? She said a supervisor could then take a look. Fine, I submitted again.

I did buy the 0/40 12qt. box today and submitted 2 rebates, I'll post again once they accept it in full. Just wondering I haven't opened the box but the T4R takes 5qt. and the GX takes 6.5qt. will I need an additional device to measure the oil?

Last edited:
I did buy the 0/40 12qt. box today and submitted 2 rebates, I'll post again once they accept it in full. Just wondering I haven't opened the box but the T4R takes 5qt. and the GX takes 6.5qt. will I need an additional device to measure the oil?
There's no way to measure from the box, and pouring straight into the engine from a 12quart box that weighs ~25lbs is pretty awkward, If you have an old 5qt jug I'd pour off into it, or you'll need to get something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-19702-Dispenser-Lid-Cap/dp/B006G3W418

If you wouldn't have already submitted the rebate, I'd say take the boxes back and order a 3 pack of 5qt jugs from Walmart.com
For whatever reason the 5qt jug 3 packs are $58.49 which is a better value than 12qt boxes at ~$50.

There's no way to measure from the box, and pouring straight into the engine from a 12quart box that weighs ~25lbs is pretty awkward, If you have an old 5qt jug I'd pour off into it, or you'll need to get something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-19702-Dispenser-Lid-Cap/dp/B006G3W418
I figured, at least the jugs are marked..I have a old school 2-qt. oil can I'll clean out. I've seen Pennzoil bottles with solids on the bottom, I just shook them up but that's another challenge with these boxes.

If you wouldn't have already submitted the rebate, I'd say take the boxes back and order a 3 pack of 5qt jugs from Walmart.com
For whatever reason the 5qt jug 3 packs are $58.49 which is a better value than 12qt boxes at ~$50.

I'm sure they'll discount all the way to a train load but 12qt. is close for my two trucks, maybe enough left for a OPE. I won't stash synthetic above $2qt.

Technically it's slightly cheaper per quart to pay $50 for 12 instead of the $58.49 after rebate for 15. If they allowed for 3 rebates, that would be good. You can't even split it up.

Technically it's slightly cheaper per quart to pay $50 for 12 instead of the $58.49 after rebate for 15. If they allowed for 3 rebates, that would be good. You can't even split it up.
I guess when you consider sales tax it's like 5 cents more per quart, but the convenience of the 5qt jugs makes it well worth it to me. Although for anyone that needs only 10quarts, you can buy the 3 pack and return one of them.

Mobil approved my 2 extended performance high mileage jugs bought from O'Reilly after 5 days. I'll send in for the $10 O'Rielly cards and let y'all know.

Also, I asked O'Reilly and they said the gift cards can only be used at their stores. I'm not sure I would bank on it but they said no limit.

I called mobil rebate support and the rep said that once it's declined that I would have to resubmit but that it should have went through. She said to submit this time as 10 individual quarts and to call again if it gets declined. This is a dumb solution IMO and she inspired not confidence in me because the first thing she said to me was that once it's declined, there's nothing they can do. So what will it being declined again achieve? She said a supervisor could then take a look. Fine, I submitted again.
Sigh, declined again. Thats what I get because I listened to that idiot and knew that would happen.

initially my 0/40 12qt. box from Walmart was declined (Reason: Qualifying product not listed on invoice) so called CS walked the rep through it she agreed to send for a review of the claim, Mobil then approved it all within a day...happy motoring.

initially my 0/40 12qt. box from Walmart was declined (Reason: Qualifying product not listed on invoice) so called CS walked the rep through it she agreed to send for a review of the claim, Mobil then approved it all within a day...happy motoring.
I will have to call again. I tried to even do just one rebate since the box was 12.99. No dice, so it is a qualifying product thing like you said.

Got an update, Dave? I bet rejected? They keep denying mine. I just called to get it escalated.

It was the same woman as earlier in the week. She claims to not have remembered talking to me. I didn't assume there was only one rep and that I got the same person, but based on what she said about not remembering me calling about it before, it's probably just her. I'm sure she has spoken to a few people about these boxes of oil.

Got an update, Dave? I bet rejected? They keep denying mine. I just called to get it escalated.

It was the same woman as earlier in the week. She claims to not have remembered talking to me. I didn't assume there was only one rep and that I got the same person, but based on what she said about not remembering me calling about it before, it's probably just her. I'm sure she has spoken to a few people about these boxes of oil.
We had a receptionist like that once. First few months she's always say she was new there, but even after a year plus she's still say she was new there, just her excuse to be unhelpful.

We had a receptionist like that once. First few months she's always say she was new there, but even after a year plus she's still say she was new there, just her excuse to be unhelpful.
Lol. She said she was escalating it but it was only a few minutes before the end of her shift and she said so and that she wasn't sure if they would be able to receive it today. I honestly think she didn't send it to them but we will see. She seems dumb and incompetent to be honest.