2021 Mazda MX-5 2.0L, Valvoline EP 0W-20, 6100 mile interval, 9900 total miles

Second oil change since I bought it. Suspect fuel dilution went up due to an unusual amount of winter driving for a car that I typically store when too cold to drop the top (nearly non-existent winter in the mid-Atlantic this year). Fram ultra was used again this OCI. I don’t track it, but I’m not afraid to let it touch redline on twisty country roads.
Regardless, I’ve recently become a thickie convert, so my next sample will be the Mobil 1 ESP 0W-30 that it’s currently running.
Happy to hear your thoughts.
Your fuel dilution is most likely 3-4 times higher than what Blackstone is showing! They use the inaccurate Flashpoint method for testing fuel dilution vs the more accurate GC method. This is why I left Blackstone after being with them for 10+ years.
Check this out. Same oil sample sent to 3 different labs. Blackstone was almost 4 times lower on the fuel dilution than Horizon was. Blackstone was also off on viscosity compared to the other two. Just some food for thought for you...😎
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...56-398-total-3-labs-1-with-pc-tan-tbn.365649/

Back