2021 F150 Stop Sale Recall - Steering may lock up

I want to like Ford but things like this make it difficult. That said, the highest selling vehicle of all time in the US so I guess I'm in the minority.

Last night, I just saw a new 2021 F-150 King Ranch sitting in my Uncle and Aunt's garage. Hope it doesn't affect their truck.

There are currently 99 of the replacement steering gears in the Livonia, MI PDC. Not sure if we are going to see any or not. Dealers aren't allowed to stock order these, we have to wait until the truck is here and order using the VIN, RO #, mileage, etc.

Last night, I just saw a new 2021 F-150 King Ranch sitting in my Uncle and Aunt's garage. Hope it doesn't affect their truck.
Probably pushing $80,00.00 and no discounts....

It was bought because my Aunt picked it out. She liked the King Ranch interior. It was different, and it was an interior that uses very little grey or black, unlike most everything else out there. The numbers on the window sticker are irrelevant, as they are both in their 80's and they can afford it without any sort of financial assistance. As the saying goes... "Happy wife, happy life".

Just like I did with the 2017 Sierra last year, they went to Indiana to buy it. :)

The fun part is, it'll be used as a farm truck. My uncle still farms over 1,000 acres. it will be no different to him than a tractor or a planter. He bought it to get the job done with.

The fun part is, it'll be used as a farm truck. My uncle still farms over 1,000 acres. it will be no different to him than a tractor or a planter. He bought it to get the job done with.
That is awesome !!!

I thought it was cruise control from your steering wheel, a new feature that lets you drive hands free while your seat cools and messages you to sleep.

Ford had to recall 1.4 million vehicles in 2016 because the steering wheels could fall off when driving.
Nice to know that an automaker in business for over 110 years has that kind of vehicle feature down to a science when it comes to their manufacturing process.
They cant make anything right anymore

Ford had to recall 1.4 million vehicles in 2016 because the steering wheels could fall off when driving.
Nice to know that an automaker in business for over 110 years has that kind of vehicle feature down to a science when it comes to their manufacturing process.
They do, the science of cost cutting and automation, just like most car manufacturers. This recall is likely due to a manufacturing glitch with a batch of vehicles.

Ford's on for another truck recall lmao

Ford is recalling 17,616 F-Series Super Duty vehicles because there’s a chance the tire and wheel assembly will detach from the front axle. The specific vehicles included are all equipped with the front-wheel hub extenders and dual rear wheels.

Owners of these 2021 models should be on the lookout for a recall notification from Ford: F-350, F-450, F-550 and F-600. Ford says that owners of the affected vehicles are being instructed to not drive their vehicles for the time being. The problem stems from improper torquing of the front wheel hub extender nuts. Here’s how Ford describes it.

“Due to a supplier process error, the automated torque station for tightening and verifying the torque of the nuts joining the front wheel hub extender to the rotor may have been bypassed at the supplier axle assembly facility. The nuts connecting the front wheel hub extender to the rotor may not have been tightened to specification.”

Back