2021 F150 Coyote Changes

I’m choosing The 2.7 ecoboost ALL day long. CGI block built from the ground up to accept turbos, great cooling and design. Very few issues over the years.

The pulley is plastic and is a known issue.

NASCAR teams beware your oil pump pulleys may grenade and “SNAP” your oil pump belts.

The pulley is plastic and is a known issue.

NASCAR teams beware your oil pump pulleys may grenade and “SNAP” your oil pump belts.
Well....yeah!!!
20210111_164253.jpg

Belt driven pumps are nothing new. With t-belts lasting a 10years/100k or more, I have no fear of a belt driven oil pump. Its not new technology but Ford's implementation is something to worry about(suppliers).

I prefer the 5.0 V8 over either ecoboost v6 for my type of driving/towing. And, if I really needed more power than a 5.0 F150, I'd just grab an F250/350 powerstroke. The egoboost isn't needed in this driveway. I do wish that Ford with give the 6.2/7.3 as much love as the 5.0.

Some engines don't tolerate loss of oil PSI. Others do. It all depends on engine design. Most will wreck an engine with a catastrophic failure. So, I wouldn't even worry about it. You have a warranty. And, when it expires, change the belt out every 100k/10years or whatever gives you peace of mind.

New pushrod gasser 7.3 Ford is begging for a driveway spot. Tired of diesel headaches and turbo gas issues. Been there and all done with it.

Back