2021 Escalade at the dealer had black steel wheels that looked like they needed wheel covers?

Might as well just have 30 year conventional loans on cars so everyone can afford top tier stuff. Everyone involved in the process makes a bigger commission, banks can roll those auto loans into investment packages for institutions to buy (AAA grade!), yada yada..
If the cars were designed for repair and made well enough to last 30 years then it might not be a bad idea!

If the cars were designed for repair and made well enough to last 30 years then it might not be a bad idea!
It can happen but then cars will cost as much as houses...and not the $120k starter homes of the post war era.

Currently, on non exotics, you can only get 84 months, but interest goes up 1.5% or more vs a 72. So your 100k no down escalade loan at 72 and 2.99 is 1519/month and the 84 @ 4.49% only reduces it to 1389 per month. if you cant afford on a 72, your buying way too much car.
Would agree on this, unless you’re a sub prime borrower. If the payments on a 72 month don’t feel cheap to you, you really need to go down a few levels in size or badge.

I know not a very scientific, I’ve done a few longer term loans with no repayment penalty and very low or no interest, every time the payment seemed incredibly cheap something I could handle on unemployment with no change in my lifestyle, of course I’d always pay them off in a few years but liked the security of knowing if **** hit the fan that I’d still have transportation, that’s how I always though long term car loans should be used.

I do not know the year or model. Or even if a steel wheel is underneath. I do know I will never own a piece of crap with hubcaps that costs this much.
FE1FACAD-E213-485E-9AFD-A9E5D553831B.jpeg

I do not know the year or model. Or even if a steel wheel is underneath. I do know I will never own a piece of crap with hubcaps that costs this much.View attachment 41796
Those aren't hubcaps. That is "chrome cladding" that is basically adhered to a wheel to make it chrome. Contrary to what people think they come off all the time are aren't as durable as a real chrome wheel. I have lost count of how many people that have come in for a "wheel cover" and I show them it is just the center part and what they want is a $1,200+ wheel.

GM can call it whatever they want. It is a plastic hubcap glued to a wheel, and is a symbol of their lack of serious engineering. They are chrome cladding turds.

GM can call it whatever they want. It is a plastic hubcap glued to a wheel, and is a symbol of their lack of serious engineering. They are chrome cladding turds.

No-it's called a "weight saving" measure. Every pound saved adds up. My $54,000.00 (MSRP) Silverado has plastic door handles, mirrors, and chrome clad wheels. While the truck is far from perfect-the plastic parts after thee years are not showing any signs of wear or cosmetic (sun) damage.

No-it's called a "weight saving" measure. Every pound saved adds up. My $54,000.00 (MSRP) Silverado has plastic door handles, mirrors, and chrome clad wheels. While the truck is far from perfect-the plastic parts after thee years are not showing any signs of wear or cosmetic (sun) damage.
No it is not. No hubcap means less weight. Are you saying if I take the cladding off it’s going to weigh more?

No it is not. No hubcap means less weight. Are you saying if I take the cladding off it’s going to weigh more?

People want a wheel covering. So the plastic saves weight versus another material (like steel or all chrome). My original comment was directed at the snipe at the engineers (of course BITOGers know more than them..right?)

Hope it clears up the confusion.

Back