2021 Chevy Trailblazer

I'm not a typical GM fan, I've always owned Ford vehicles. I do however like the styling on the new Trailblazer.

than the Blazer.
Had an 04 up to 140,000 then gave to our Granddaughter who has 195,000 on it and running fine. The new generation are quite different more like a Equinox which we have now and am having good luck.
Much smaller than Equinox. It's a sub compact with a 1.2-1.3 3 cylinder engine. Wasn't the original Trailblazer larger then the Blazer? Looks like GM is pulling names out of the wrong oriface.

Link

9.3 seconds for zero to 60? $32k MSRP for 28mpg combined? Not sure how that stacks up against the competition.

I'm not a typical GM fan, I've always owned Ford vehicles. I do however like the styling on the new Trailblazer.

what else are you considering? putting a small 1.2-1.3 liter turbocharged engine into a suv (chevytrailblazer, buick encore gx, ford ecosport) is a scarey trend.

what else are you considering? putting a small 1.2-1.3 liter turbocharged engine into a suv (chevytrailblazer, buick encore gx, ford ecosport) is a scarey trend.

At least Ford offers 4-cylinder options for the Escape and EcoSport in place of the standard 3-cyl on those models.

GM really needs to consider a 4-cyl option for the Trailblazer and Encore GX. Although, dealers can't keep the new Trailblazer in stock so people are certainly buying them. Wonder how many of these will be showing up on used lots once people live with them for several months and decide they can't tolerate them anymore.

I'd probably have this on my shortlist with the Seltos if I was looking for a new car. Can't say I've had any GM lemons but they always cost me hundreds in repairs whereas HyunKias have been rock solid and cheap to own

Not serious about purchasing anything at this point.

GM should sell the international Trailblazer here

Chevrolet-TrailBlazer-6.jpg

Because I like(have a fondness for) subcompact hatchbacks, I surprised that I am not a bigger fan of the subcompact CUV category. I think most are good looking but, it's about compelling arguments with myself in terms of the dollar spent for the product received. IMO, the subcompact CUV is just too much money for the product you're getting.

The car companies have taken the subcompact car chassis(in most cases) and built CUVs on them(w/opt AWD) adding $10K or more to the price. For similar money(and your best negotiation), you can step up into the next category and get the better vehicle that still gets at least similar fuel economy and way more refinement & comfort, quiet and all of the other benefits of the next category up.

In my area, dealers are negotiating more dollars on the compact CUVs than on the subcompact CUVs, making the next size up a waaaaaay better deal. Probably because they sell so many more compact CUVs that there is more wiggle room. This can/will change from region to region I suppose.

GM should sell the international Trailblazer here

Chevrolet-TrailBlazer-6.jpg

The previous gen didn’t look bad IMO. Was still on a frame too. I also like the Ford Everest, but we can’t get those here either.

As for the OP, I find the new Blazer to be a disappointment. It certainly isn’t worthy of the name “Blazer” when Ford released the Bronco the same year. I’d look into the Ford Explorer personally if that’s the style of vehicle you want.

Not a fan, especially in comparison to the 02-09s that were rock solid. The Trailblazer sold overseas with the 3.6L V6 isn't much to write home about either.

Would have been nice to see a K5 Blazer instead to compete with the likes of the Bronco.

The dealer was advertising the Buick version under 20k here, I think it was 18K. Same basic vehicle, which is made in Korea. Seems pretty nice.

I am understanding/reading that many examples of the Trailblazer and Buick Encore GX are experiencing too many 3 cyl vibrations that still need to be ironed out. This can be especially annoying in the more expensive Buick.

Not all of the automotive PRESS is experiencing(nor mentioning) these vib's but, it is happening. And with the Buick GX, they're also saying that it's not Buick quiet. I still think that more work is needed in these subcompact CUVs for the money the MFGs are asking(before discounts).

The asking price(s) for the subcompact CUV segment(again, before discounts) still compels me to move up a size segment for the same/similar money and fuel economy. I'd rather have a compact CUV(with fewer features) for similar money to a subcompact CUV(with more features) and just get the better vehicle the next size.

I am understanding/reading that many examples of the Trailblazer and Buick Encore GX are experiencing too many 3 cyl vibrations that still need to be ironed out. This can be especially annoying in the more expensive Buick.

Not all of the automotive PRESS is experiencing(nor mentioning) these vib's but, it is happening. And with the Buick GX, they're also saying that it's not Buick quiet. I still think that more work is needed in these subcompact CUVs for the money the MFGs are asking(before discounts).

The asking price(s) for the subcompact CUV segment(again, before discounts) still compels me to move up a size segment for the same/similar money and fuel economy. I'd rather have a compact CUV(with fewer features) for similar money to a subcompact CUV(with more features) and just get the better vehicle the next size.

We test drove a '21 Trailblazer yesterday and there were no vibration issues. Vehicle rode nice and was impressed how nice of interior it had.

I agree 100%. I do feel they are very overpriced for their lack of performance, but they look excellent!
GM knocked it out of the park on the styling.

Back