2021 Chevy Duramax fuel filter in use for 13,000 miles

in my experience, the big problem with the def system is the tank heater and pump.

I think this is due to people keeping the tank mostly empty and only refilling when extremely low, as we think it is stupid to even have the system anyway.

maybe if we kept it topped off, the system would work better.

they do need to get hot though the vast majority of people who own these got rod diesels do not need them

My brother's new 2021 Ram had the DEF pump replaced 5 times. The DEF quality (density) sensor is built into the pump and Dodge got a bad batch. Luckily all replacements were under warranty, but the truck was out of service for several months total. Not tolerable to a business owner.

yeah, in my opinion since the EPA has forced this stuff on the world there is no reason they could not standardize the parts on these things and enable people to easily keep it repaired... relaxing the inducement rules ( that 150 mile drive limit) might also help stop the delete crowd from doing the delete thing.

neighbor is head of maintenance local FD.. he was asking me what problems we were having with SCR systems, and I said none really.
then he tells me about one of his fire trucks, down for the DEf system, in tank sensor issue... tank is manufactured locally at Shaw systems, he went to the lengths of calling them as Pierce and Cummins couldn't help him out... so he said it looks like the truck might be down for 5 months, that being the projected time frame before he can get parts. meanwhile dont have a fire. :) .. https://shawdev.com/diesel-exhaust-fluid-system/#:~:text=DIESEL EXHAUST FLUID SYSTEMS&text=Shaw manufactures eight standard cross,reaching up to 250 gallons.

$25 on Amazon for AC Delco

Or $50 from BMP for what I believe is the same filter.

• Wow
Reactions: GON
Back