2021 Audi SQ5 Sportback | 3.0 TFSI | Liqui Moly 0W20 | 4,668 mile OCI

2021 Audi SQ5 Sportback, 3.0 TFSI, Liqui-Moly 0W20 (VW508) w/OEM Oil Filter, 4,668 OCI, and 5,733 total miles.

Replaced with Ravenol 0W20 (VW508) and OEM Oil Filter. Will maintain 5k mile OCIs.

Blackstone Comments: This report shows considerable progress with wear-in. Iron and copper both decreased. While iron didn't appear to decline much at face value, when we take the longer oil change interval into account, your Audi is actually making much less iron per mile than it was back in August. Copper isn't too far outside the normal range, either, so that should be in good shape in no time. Silicon dropped down nicely, showing sealers and lubes washing out of the system. No contamination was found. So far, so good! Just check back next time for another update.

1650854913110.png

1650854949686.png

Proper results and solid oil with seemingly pretty conventional add pack for VW 508 00.
Iron and copper are likely mainly from break-in, so decreasing values are to be expected.

Pointless on a new engine.

Nothing pointless about it at all. You get a snapshot of how well the engine was assembled and how well all the parts are playing along with each other.

Say there’s a defect and it shows ABNORMALLY high aluminum since the factory fill. You have UOA proof showing it high. Followed by the next oil change, and the next, and the next. At what point do you take it back to the dealer and show them the troubling data you’ve gathered which clearly shows you need a new engine under warranty. 🤷🏻‍♂️👍🏼

OR, say the engine is wearing BEAUTIFULLY right from the get go and is BELOW average. I’d be happy seeing that data early on and sleep easy knowing you’ve got a solid engine and don’t need your warranty no more.

Since I never take my vehicle to the dealership for oil & filter changes, I keep receipts and perform UOAs to monitor how well the engine is breaking-in, whether there's any emerging issues, and a physical record of engine health during the warranty period.

Back