Do you guys enjoy these posts?

I can keep 'em coming, or stop.

Here's my latest job, a quick exterior on a 2020 X3:

0130211235a_HDR.jpg

0130211235b_HDR.jpg

0130211235_HDR.jpg

0130211236b_HDR.jpg

0130211236h_HDR.jpg

Excellent job, thats a beautiful color. Do you know what BMW calls it?

I haven't jumped on the foam cannon wagon yet, my main concern would be the soap drying on the finish in the direct sunlight here in FL. Is that an issue?

I haven't jumped on the foam cannon wagon yet, my main concern would be the soap drying on the finish in the direct sunlight here in FL. Is that an issue?
As long as it is not a degreaser, having soap dry is much better than allowing water to dry on the vehicle.

Is that yours? It's very nice color of blue. Did it need a lot of work? Looks great!
Not mine, didn't need anything major. Just a bit of love and some protection.

Had a few spots of tree sap but they came right off with some IPA.

looks nice. Wish you were closer, and we had the weather for that.

15f yesterday 9f this morning not bad but certainly not car washing weather.
It was 34°F when I got started and about 40° when I finished. Once the sun unfroze my hose it's game on!

As long as you're using a quality PH neutral soap there is no danger in letting it dry. Rinsing again or doing the contact wash will reactivate it and it will come off when you dry the car.

That said, I get around the car pretty quickly.

I really like the amount of silver contrast and Blue. The chrome grill is spectacular. I just don't get the black look on grills and wheels.

Looks great. When that first picture popped up I thought I was looking at the aftermath of a weird snowstorm that somehow missed everything around the BMW.

Again... great work. It's a great feeling to see the fruits of your labor and the happiness it brings the recipient/customer.

Again... great work. It's a great feeling to see the fruits of your labor and the happiness it brings the recipient/customer.
I'm just happy to be making money doing what I love to do.

Word of mouth is spreading and business is picking up. I've had a couple of enquiry's from the local airport and I'd like to shift my business there for the most part.

I'm just happy to be making money doing what I love to do.

Word of mouth is spreading and business is picking up. I've had a couple of enquiry's from the local airport and I'd like to shift my business there for the most part.
Man, you said right there. "...happy to be making money doing what i love to do." Period/full stop.

As long as it is not a degreaser, having soap dry is much better than allowing water to dry on the vehicle.
Yeah, I abandoned the wash a panel, rinse a panel method almost a decade ago and went to one wash, one rinse. Any water that dries on the vehicle while you're finishing would leave spots, whereas if soapy water dries on the vehicle it can be rinsed off in one shot at the end without leaving spots.

Yeah, I abandoned the wash a panel, rinse a panel method almost a decade ago and went to one wash, one rinse. Any water that dries on the vehicle while you're finishing would leave spots, whereas if soapy water dries on the vehicle it can be rinsed off in one shot at the end without leaving spots.
I do 50/50, with the side in the sun washed and rinsed last.

Back