2020 Ranger 2.3L Ecoboost, 4k miles QSUD 5w-30, Wix v Blackstone

I watched this video late night on YT. I was surprised at the result. I think MW tested the GLI and it did 101mph in the 1/4 mile.

With a tune the 2.3L EB is making some insane power. There is a guy on the Ranger Forums who races his and is in the 13s. I plan on keeping mine stock. It runs pretty darn good as is.

Lol, right. I have a feeling the wife is going to snag it from me most days. She's still waffling on what she wants to replace her wrecked Accord with.
You may have already found this but the Ranger5G forum is pretty good. Lots of information and help there if needed.

This is the first UOA on my Ranger and the 2.3L EB. I sent samples to Wix and Blackstone. The numbers are actually pretty close. I noticed Wix does not do flashpoint and fuel contamination but do include TBN. My engine is not bad but I've found that these engines are tough on oil and suffer from fuel in the oil. Think I'll be sticking with a 5k OCI. M1 EP 5w-30 went back into the engine.
Given the break-in shearing, I'd nix the 5,000-mile OCI's for the next couple, going with 3,000-mile intervals instead.

Otherwise, you're oil choices are fine -- QSUD (QSFS) and the M1 flavors are both great oils.

Back