2020 Member Oil Change Results (updated)

Superbuick96

Site Donor 2023
I gathered the information from my "Post your latest oil change" thread. This was more time consuming than I thought, but it was interesting to see the results. I can't promise the final tally is 100% perfect but it is very close. My eyes started to cross going through a year of submissions after awhile, the 6 or 7 Natural Lights may have played into that too? I'm aware that this list isn't presicion, I didnt set out to make this my lifes work, so don't judge it too harshly. Maybe next year I'll dial the results in more and list every oil by name with the exception of Frankenbrews with are combonations of 2 or more oils. The miscellaneous category of Dealer oil changes, or brands of oil's used that were less than 2 . Anyway this list gives you an idea if you are interested, of what members used in the wonderful year that was 2020.

Mobil 230
Pennzoil 132
Vavoline 105
Shell 101
Amsoil 99
Castrol 89
Napa 72
Super Tech 65
Quaker State 55
Havoline 33
Chevron 24
Frankenblend 21
Kirkland 21
Harvest King 16
Motorcraft 15
Liquid Moly 9
AC Delco 7
STP 7
Lucas 7
Idemitsu 6
Redline 6
Kendall 6
Schaffer 5
Royal Purple 5
Oreily's 4
Motul 3
Miscellaneous 102 (unknown quick stop, dealer, and brands used less than 3 members)

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprises...

Royal Purple with just 5..... That is extremely low in my opinion. Would have thought it would be a bit higher than that. Say like 20-25 or so.

Motorcraft at 15 is surprisingly low... Say that because Motorcraft was a low cost syn blend on here for quite awhile. Would have thought it would be 30 to 36
or so.

Kirkland being 21 already... Has not been out that long at all really.

Schaeffer's being so low at only 5... Would have thought it would be around 20... Being that this is a speciality oil. Amsoil being 99 is a Stark difference.

Frankenbrew at 21...is quite a surprise in a way. It beats Royal Purple, Schaeffer's, and Kendall... Combined.... All hail trailer park approved 5w30 or 7.5w35 or whatever Frankenbrew equals.... :)

I gathered the information from my "Post your latest oil change" thread. This was more time consuming than I thought, but it was interesting to see the results. I can't promise the final tally is 100% perfect but it is very close. My eyes started to cross going through a year of submissions after awhile, the 6 or 7 Natural Lights may have played into that too? I'm aware that this list isn't presicion, I didnt set out to make this my lifes work, so don't judge it too harshly. Maybe next year I'll dial the results in more and list every oil by name with the exception of Frankenbrews with are combonations of 2 or more oils. The miscellaneous category of Dealer oil changes, or brands of oil's used that were less than 2 . Anyway this list gives you an idea if you are interested, of what members used in the wonderful year that was 2020.

Mobil 230
Pennzoil 132
Vavoline 105
Amsoil 99
Castrol 89
Napa 72
Super Tech 65
Quaker State 55
Havoline 33
Chevron 24
Frankenblend 21
Kirkland 21
Harvest King 16
Motorcraft 15
Liquid Moly 9
AC Delco 7
STP 7
Lucas 7
Redline 6
Kendall 6
Schaffer 5
Royal Purple 5
Oreily's 4
Motul 3
Miscellaneous 102 (unknown quick stop, dealer, and brands used less than 3 members)
Can you please break down the miscellaneous category? I want my Fuchs OCI to be reflected in the table :ROFLMAO:

I contributed to 4 categories on the list and an "other".....which was posted but didn't get counted......probably because I was the only one.

Interesting results. Thanks for the work

That’s a great compilation and bet even the big oil companys would have interest in this type of data. They should have rewarded or paid you. I’m in the majority with Mobil too. Marketing, price, performance...who knows?

Back