2020 kia w/ 19k miles; new tires from dealer.

Factory tires are typically not same as the same exact tire model you would purchase as a replacement. Plenty of compromises built in to balance a good test drive, fuel economy, handling and ride......treadwear and durability takes a very distant last as the car manufacturer doesn't have to warranty them and the tire manufacturer does not warranty them either.

Some vehicles may end up with ok factory tires that last 40k but it seems the new normal on factory tires is more like 20k.

or maybe they wanted to get rid of mediocre stock tires like i always do. every time i get a new vehicle, stock tires are replaced. some of the stock tires i had were so mediocre, they were slippery on dry asphalt in curves in summer temperatures. the bridgestone turanza EL 440 that came stock on my mazda 3 turbo were a disgrace.
Those El Turd-anzas were legendary.

Those El Turd-anzas were legendary.
The Alenza line is right up there as far as junk factory tires. The ones that came on my ID.4 were down to 3/32's at just under 16k miles and were starting to lose entire tread blocks on the front with the remaining tread blocks falling off in chunks or peeling off. Bridgestone makes a couple good lines but seems the majority of their models are mediocre at best with the factory installed versions being pure junk.

You probably dodged a bullet. That engine probably won't last the rest of the summer before it blows up.
Yea-I got rid of it because according to the posts on here it was scheduled to blow up at any time-according the the "experts" on BITOG.

Back