2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 6.4L - Ravenol SSL 0W-40 - 5,579km

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
This is the first report from our 2020 Grand Cherokee SRT with the 6.4L HEMI. Engine is still breaking in, this is the 2nd OCI with this oil after the factory fill.

Details:
- Air filter is OE
- Oil filter was a FRAM Ultra XG2 (OG)
- Usage profile was mostly city with a lot of spirited driving
- Copper is very elevated due to the factory oil cooler, like with the RAM
- Oxidation is high, I assume due to some ester content to balance out the PAO in the Ravenol. This will also increase copper.
- Oil was in service from October 3rd, 2021 through to June 26th, 2022, so it was driven through the winter, including a few -30C cold starts
- Fuel is at a low level, meaning that the viscosity loss of ~10% (virgin is 13.25cSt @ 100C) is primarily VII shear.

One note, it's odd to see moly, since the VOA I did of the first batch of Ravenol I ordered had no moly in it... :unsure:

Phosphorous is very similar to the VOA.

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 8.20.22 PM.png

Last edited:
I mean, it's possible, but I dumped the factory fill at 1,912km and changed it with Ravenol, so this is the 2nd OCI with Ravenol. I did however order Ravenol twice, at different times, so I'm wondering if the formula changed?
Doesn't Ravenol have a history of being inconsistent with what they put in their bottles? Primary reason I looked past them.

Doesn't Ravenol have a history of being inconsistent with what they put in their bottles? Primary reason I looked past them.
They've made some formula changes, but without seeing differences from the same blend # I wouldn't call that being inconsistent. They changed the formula for the SSO a few times, they may have done it again. Many of their other oils use both tungsten and moly, so it wouldn't be unusual for them.

Back