2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they get rid of the more reliable engine? The CRV is too big for the 1.5t, it needs the 2.0t.

Michael, we just got a EX-L 2 WD for my Dad's home caregiver. I was about to buy the RAV4 Hybrid, but after driving the CR-V, I was shocked.
It drove better, seemed far bigger inside and the Honda ergonomics made the car so much easier overall.

Surprising, to say the least.
The CR-V Hybrid will sell like hotcakes. I believe it has been out in Japan and Europe(?) for a year or so...
Nobody does hybrid drivetrains like Toyota; we will see how the Honda technology stands up.

Originally Posted by A_A_G
Why would they get rid of the more reliable engine? The CRV is too big for the 1.5t, it needs the 2.0t.

They are getting rid of the almost 20 year old 2.4L engine (a fantastic durable engine, but cant get the fuel mileage they need). The 1.5 turbo has plenty of power based on my experience driving/owning one.

Originally Posted by bubbatime
Originally Posted by A_A_G

They are getting rid of the almost 20 year old 2.4L engine (a fantastic durable engine, but cant get the fuel mileage they need). The 1.5 turbo has plenty of power based on my experience driving/owning one.

Did Honda fix the gas mileage on the 1.5t? I remember people saying this engine in the CRV was not meeting epa numbers.

Originally Posted by buster
Likely a big seller.

Every Honda Hybrid has been a bust for them in terms of sales. A paltry amount of sales. Honda hopes so but a least an appealing vehicle to mass buyers.

Originally Posted by madRiver
Originally Posted by buster
Likely a big seller.

Every Honda Hybrid has been a bust for them in terms of sales. A paltry amount of sales. Honda hopes so but a least an appealing vehicle to mass buyers.

Every previous Honda hybrid has been a sedan, so pretty much dead in the current market.
This is the reason that I got such a sharp deal on mine.
But a CUV? Much better fuel economy for a reasonable price premium in the car mom wants anyway.
What's not to like?

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

Nobody does hybrid drivetrains like Toyota; we will see how the Honda technology stands up.

The new 2-motor system Honda has been using is leaps and bounds better than the old IMA system - it uses Li-Ions sourced from GS Yuasa instead of the old D-cell based NiMH based ones. Honda has a variant of it in the NSX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back