2020 GMC SIERRA HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a huge GMC fanboy to the point of making fun of my Dad when he recently brought home a 2015 Silverado. If I bought a Chevy I would keep my eyes peeled for GMC parts and swap them.

They angered me by changing the Suburban to "Yukon XL", what a stupid name. What really made my blood boil is that they used to be "professional grade" until they started making car based SUVs
smirk2.gif

General Motors, why have thou forsaken me?

That chrome piece that's on the hood in front of the scoop seems out of place. Like they went to autozone to purchase it and slapped it on.

Looks good, but for $80 grand for an optioned out one, it should. Way too steep for me, that kind of money goes for something that goes UP in value, not down!

I'll soon be seeing them around town with Farm Truck plates and pulling a huge Yellow Fin …

Originally Posted by BeerCan
the side view mirrors look terrible

Yeah the towing mirrors really look crazy. I know mirrors with mounts below the belt are the current trend, but it's not a good look on this truck and it's not even functional in any way...there's black trim at the front corner of the window, not more window.

If they fixed the mirrors and absurd grilles/headlamps/bumpers on these trucks they'd probably look good. Save the crazy for the cars. Trucks will sell regardless, but if someone can make a modern truck that is aesthetically pleasing I think it would be a competitive advantage.

Of all the trucks, this and the Chevy are BY FAR the ugliest. Took their design cues from the wagon queen. Ford currently has the best looking trucks IMO, Ram lost a lot of its tough look, and GM went full send and dropped all their new trucks out of the ugly tree hitting every branch on the way down.

1082B552-F873-4EB8-B8E8-0EFA0EA7CA44.jpeg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by LeakySeals
Yes it does. You at least know which light is the headlight.

I'm another one in agreement here. The Chevy just doesn't do it for me. This does.

Such an obnoxious grill and headlight set. And the mirrors might be functional but look bad too. Yuck.

I guess wannabe big rig is what sells.

The grill has to be large, to adequately cool the engines for the power they make, and the loads they are rated to tow. It's the same for Ford and RAM.

Originally Posted by 02SE
The grill has to be large, to adequately cool the engines for the power they make, and the loads they are rated to tow. It's the same for Ford and RAM.

Maybe, but it doesn't have to be that in-your-face Ugly.

But like JHZR2 said, I guess that is what sells now.

Originally Posted by HangFire

Maybe, but it doesn't have to be that in-your-face Ugly.

But like JHZR2 said, I guess that is what sells now.

It's better looking than the Chevy, IMO.

[Linked Image]

They need to ditch the chrome … a midnight edition would clean it up a bunch …

A Bugatti Chiron needs to eject over 3,000hp worth of heat and manages to do it while not looking like a brick wall. Little bit of an extreme comparison yes, but through aerodynamics you can achieve a lot. It is easier to take a massive radiator, mount it perpendicular to the road, and call it a day though.

Last edited:
At what speed pulling what load on what uphill grade …
(And at what price)

Last edited:
I go back and forth between GMC and Chevy trucks so it hurts to say that Chevy is beyond ugly. The GMC is better but ain't no oil painting...

Glad I have no plans for an HD in the immediate future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back