2020 F150 3.5EB First oil change.. pick my oil

If you’re changing at 40%, I’d be running the lowest price 5w30 synthetic you can find. QSUD, Castrol Magnatec, Havoline, or whatever has a rebate. Any one of them should be fine.

I only put about 8,000 miles on my 2013 f150 3.5 a year, and I change the oil three times a year. I was using PP 5w30 but now I'm using the Shell Gas Truck 5W30 for it's higher Kinematic Viscosity rating. I also run a oil catch can that pulls out quite a bit of water/fuel crap.

It gets down to -30f here in winter so I added a oil pan heater ($60 on Amazon) to warm the oil on cold mornings.

I know it's overkill, but oil is cheap when you buy it on sale but Timing chains and cam phasers aren't....

If you’re changing at 40%, I’d be running the lowest price 5w30 synthetic you can find. QSUD, Castrol Magnatec, Havoline, or whatever has a rebate. Any one of them should be fine.

Assuming that was meant for me it's not by design. I drive my work vehicle most of the time so it gets limited mileage and times out under warranty restrictions. I've got some M1 AFE 0W-30 and M1 5W-30 EP that I might use the next couple of changes.

Back