2020 Civic Cvt Transmission Maintenance

I recently got a 2020 civic 2.0L not the 1.5L, and its got 10k miles. I plan on keeping it for over 100k miles if possible.
I hear lots of things regarding this cvt transmission, its the first in our house.... so for mainteance the manual says to change the fluid every 25k. Civic forums show there are two filters for this tranny a fine and a large filter which I plan on changing for every fluid change.
The car will be mostly highway and some city commuting, I was thinking of changing the fluid every 20k to stay safe but I was looking for other peoples experiences/thoughts for these cvt trans, thanks.

If like any other CVT Honda uses, changing the fluid is very easy. Interesting that Honda says every 25k now. They used to put it in the minder as one of the codes.

Valvoline CVT fluid is a good price on Amazon.

If like any other CVT Honda uses, changing the fluid is very easy. Interesting that Honda says every 25k now. They used to put it in the minder as one of the codes.

Valvoline CVT fluid is a good price on Amazon.
Its supposedly for severe use at 25k, its only got 10k now so will see how it runs until then. I believe there are two filters on it?

On my 17 Accord I did a 3x drain and fill with Amsoil CVT fluid at a little over 30K miles. I plan on doing a single drain and fill every 40-50K miles here on out.
I could have stayed with Honda hcf-2 but I didn’t want to

Back