2020 camry hybrid le oil change

I have been changing the oil and filter every 10000 miles as toyota recommends. After my oil changes at 30,000 miles should i change the oil every 5000 miles? I have heard different opinions on this topic.

Should? I do mostly all highway driving and change every 10k miles. I have 125k miles on my Camry. Don't plan on changing my OCI. If I drove in the city with more stop and go driving, I'd change it every 5k or 7.5k miles.

I'm an old school guy. I'd be 6-7K OCI regardless of mileage.
UOA from a reputable source would be telling.
The hybrids ICE's probably don't run as much but that might put you in a start stop scenario
where engine temps or lack of may have an adverse affect on oils.
I think the Toyotas use both types of FI so the oil dilution issue may not be an issue.

What does the 30,000 miles have to do with anything? A new engine makes the most wear metals.

I elected to do 5k. Matches when I need to do tire rotations (and yes, I can tell when I skip one, in my area tires wear fast). Does 0W16 need more frequent changes? is 0W16 not as good? is this engine not as good? no idea, but I can do 5k and sleep better at night, so that is what I do. Maybe when I'm out of warranty I'll go thick with 0W20. :)

How necessary is it, beats me, these engines aren't old enough to really know one way or the other.

I have been changing the oil and filter every 10000 miles as toyota recommends. After my oil changes at 30,000 miles should i change the oil every 5000 miles? I have heard different opinions on this topic.
How long do you intend to keep the car? 200,000 mile plus? Or dump at 100,000 miles?

If you plan on keeping it 200,00 mile or more, 5,000 OCI is cheap insurance.

If you dump the car at 100,000 miles, it will be the next owner's problem, so save yourself a few hundred dollars of oil changes

How long do you intend to keep the car? 200,000 mile plus? Or dump at 100,000 miles?

If you plan on keeping it 200,00 mile or more, 5,000 OCI is cheap insurance.

If you dump the car at 100,000 miles, it will be the next owner's problem, so save yourself a few hundred dollars of oil changes
It depends on how much you love your car(s). I am sure I'll change the oil the day before I sell my Maxima if it's due according to my schedule.

It depends on your driving conditions. For normal gasoline versions, I'd stick to 5k. But if you drive alot of city where the engine is not always on, then you could easily go 10k. I had a lexus hybrid and mostly did city commuting and the engine oil at 10k miles looked practically brand new.

I have the same engine in my wife's Rav4 - slightly different tune for for your hybrid but otherwise the same. I do every 5K. Its like $30 for me to change oil with a Toyota filter and mobil 1 or eqivalent. New Rav4 is almost 40K. Worst case is I waste $30 about once a year. Easy math IMHO.

If you have time & know how to diy oil change then why not 5k oci?

I like the guy in that video, I subscribe to his channel, however the engine/pistons in that video is a design flaw by Toyota...and despite THAT, the customer he talks about when referring to 10,000 mile oil changes, did make it to 200,000 miles before the consumption started. And that was with an engine that has a known defect. Which has plenty of 5,000 mile interval folks facing the same oil consumption (and plenty of all folks, not).

I’m not sure I agree or disagree with 10,000 mile intervals, although I have done a few now. There are a lot of factors that go into them. But bottom line...I have seen engines with serious oil consumption problems that NEVER did anything but 5,000 mile intervals. And I’ve also personally experienced severe oil consumption on an engine that had 3,000 mile intervals it’s entire life. I’m not sure how important the interval is, what I am sure is that the commute, the engine design itself, and perhaps even the quality of oil and filter, might play an equal roll (or bigger roll) in determining things. IMO.

Same A25A engine in the Sienna Hybrid. And I’m doing 5K OCI. The Sienna is big boy though and that’s a little engine. Hybrid assist or not. Do a lot of stop and go and family hauling. Looking to keep for awhile so not trying to push it. I’d be ok with 10K in a Camry doing all highway. But I’d move it up if you’re running short trips and whatnot.

The only way to know is to send in a sample. Then go from there. My trips are all short,dusty,hot or cold and the samples I have sent in the past showed my oil to be done for at 4400 miles

Back