2019 video - Carquest Standard Oil Filter vs Carquest Premium Oil Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
except for the Nitrile vs. red/orange silicone ADBV....

they look identical

(I didn't watch the video yet)

The media is different. I wish he would've cut both media's out and found out which one has more pleat sq inches. Nice video though.

Originally Posted by oldhp
The media is different. I wish he would've cut both media's out and found out which one has more pleat sq inches. Nice video though.

If they are both the same vehicle model (filter size is the same) then the media area will be the same. Difference is the efficiency of the media.

More pleats equal more square inches. I have 4 of the Mobil 1 M1C-456A, 49 pleats. I have 11 Mopar MO-349, 59 pleats. Pleats are the same depth in both. Gotta be more square inches.

Last edited:
It seems that their premium filter is on par with tough guard in pricing. Why would you choose carquest one over fram/wix/other brands? I'm genuinely interested

If it is a part of a oil deal through them... Say $26.99 for Carquest High mileage full synthetic oil and a CQ blue premium filter 85358 which costs $11.99 for my car means one is paying just $15 for the oil part of the deal... Not all too bad. And if one gets the CQ full synthetic Dexos approved oil it is $25.99 then it is even a bit cheaper.

Originally Posted by bbhero
If it is a part of a oil deal through them... Say $26.99 for Carquest High mileage full synthetic oil and a CQ blue premium filter 85358 which costs $11.99 for my car means one is paying just $15 for the oil part of the deal... Not all too bad. And if one gets the CQ full synthetic Dexos approved oil it is $25.99 then it is even a bit cheaper.

That's exactly right bbhero. Their current oil special (im running it now) is $25 for CQ (Amalie) Synthetic oil and a Premium CQ filter (which appears to be WiX or PruoOne).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back