2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XSE ... Oh Yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by AZjeff
Amazing what it "must have" in cars today.

Black wheels are a fad that needs to die. IMO.

I thought that a while but then they have started to grow on me both in looks and in [potential] practicality. Practicality: I figure you don't have to clean them often as you would wheel rims with a bright finish?

Originally Posted by LoneRanger

I thought that a while but then they have started to grow on me both in looks and in [potential] practicality. Practicality: I figure you don't have to clean them often as you would wheel rims with a bright finish?

Prepare to be disappointed then. Black color is the hardest to maintain. Just like black painted cars, black rims look dull and old when dirty. And it doesn't take much to make them look this way either.

Amazing what it "must have" in cars today.

Black wheels are a fad that needs to die. IMO.

I hate the black wheels thing too,especially when people powdercoat oems. My favorites were the optional chrome oems.

I always hated black wheels, until I saw my Atlas with them. Especially after polishing them, I'm in love!

Sure they get dirty, wheels get dirty.

I wouldn't recommend gloss black wheels to a normal person. If you want to keep them pristine you need to be as careful as you would be with any other black painted surface.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Originally Posted by madRiver
Originally Posted by dishdude
I'd do white or silver with those black rims
grin2.gif

+1

Hopefully not an Android owner. This vehicle supports only Apple Car play oddly. My nice moved on simply for that fact. Sounds little however the integration is nice for decent mapping and audio stuff, I love Apple Car Play in our VW and niece loves the Android Auto when she uses to cart our kids.

Wait, what?

Can I still bluetooth my Android phone to this car for hands-free Google Maps navigation and hands-free phone calls?

Bluetooth will work for calls and audio however your likely huge touch screen will display nothing. I never thought much of CarPlay or Android Auto until I saw the superior google maps and waves up on a touch screen in my dash.

No Android Auto then prob no RAV4 for me. Wife's new GMC has it (and Apple car play) and it's pretty nice.

Not having an app is a deal killer. Times have changed. Maybe the target market has changed, our '14 RAV4 has apps I guess, never tried any but then we're "older". Don't even use the nav since you can't input destinations when you're moving and we always forget before we start out.

Not having an app is a deal killer. Times have changed. Maybe the target market has changed, our '14 RAV4 has apps I guess, never tried any but then we're "older". Don't even use the nav since you can't input destinations when you're moving and we always forget before we start out.

Times have. My wife skipped a Mazda CX-5, RAV4 based on lack of Apple Play in 2018. To me its a no brainer feature for car makers as its a touch screen they have to implement and the brains remain in an upgradable smartphone and its application that only improves over time. Toyota is lacking some brains on this one coming late. They tried their own apps however market went another direction.

Last edited:
This was the vehicle I was torn on. I went with the cx5 grand touring reserve, but I still think I'd have also liked the rav4 hybrid, evenn if its totally different.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Black wheels get just as dirty as any other wheel.

I've had 2 vehicles with black wheels, one gloss and one flat. They don't get any dirtier or require any more maintenance than chrome or alloy.

Well, I can probably survive w/o the phone app. But looks like dealers aren't really dealing on these cars I guess because 1. Toyota and 2. Demand. Unless you're an employee. Then it goes under invoice minus hold back.

If I can get an under invoice deal on one of them, and fair trade on my Subaru I'm doing it before my Forester gets much more age and mileage on it and goes full stale on residual value.

Toyota does hybrids better than anybody. Legendary quality to boot.
I was ready to buy a RAV4 Hybrid, but then drove a new CR-V EXL just to compare.
The Honda drove better and was much roomier. The dash and ergonomics were better.
Roomier was a big plus, because the vehicle was for my father's home caregiver; Mani is from Tonga.
They grow 'em big there...
Apple Car Play and Android Auto. And thousands cheaper.

IMO, there was no comparison; I was surprised.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back