2019 Suzuki Vitara (Maruti Brezza)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just bought this (as part of a settlement from the Mitsubishi lemon story, more on that later):

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Yes it should have been "solar yellow with black rooftop" but... That's another story.

Ask me anything

Suzuki and Mitsubishi passenger cars are all over Texas. I never seen them when I lived in New York.

I know several people who drive SX4's and Grand Vitaras. They have had reasonable reliability, and are dirt cheap.

You might be the first person in history to post such detailed pictures of your motor mounts, brake reservoir, air filter, muffler, etc.. while showing your new car.

What's interesting is that the vehicle is assembled in Hungary but has a kanji symbol clock.

Suzuki is a solid choice. Great little engines.

Very nice... Congrats
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by CELICA_XX
You might be the first person in history to post such detailed pictures of your motor mounts, brake reservoir, air filter, muffler, etc.. while showing your new car.

I like how it's built contrary to many euro cars where you need to remove a lot of components to replace common parts, here everything seems fairly accessible.

Plus, for reference of how it will age
smile.gif
and hey, first Exide battery that I see over here (we can't buy them aftermarket)

Air filter? Might replace with aFe. Muffler? Might install a cutout

Brake reservoir? Yes, what is this orange fluid...

Kanji clock? I don't like it but the car came with it. Both exists, standard (without numbers) or kanji. It's part of the customization program offered by Suzuki when you order a car from the factory. It's not related to trim level. Same for the fender flares, side skirt, and a few other things. But I didn't get to choose them because I ordered a car that was already shipped

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac
the vehicle is assembled in Hungary

Are you sure because the ECU is made in Hungary? Could there be multiple assembly plants? Like thailand or India?

Originally Posted by DoubleNickels
I'm waiting for the Jimny to sell in USA.

Did you know that we have got those Jimmy for years before Euro5 killed yhem, and they're just coming back now?

Wife's Samurai and Vitara from the 90's and 2000's were tough and cheap. Full frame - better Jeep than Jeep.

I like the little Samurai before they got big and piggy. Plus the 1.6 was cammy engine.

Engines just so so - but we had garbage Energy Conserving oil then - If I only knew

GM "built up" then Killed Suzuki with the CAMI project T

hey Struggle to get a good dealer/service network Stateside as does Mitsubishi.

Love the pics. Nice looking vehicle!

I still see quite a few SX4's running around the rust belt and they've held up well. Trackers, Vitara, Grand Vitara, etc.. are pretty much non existent now when they were everywhere years back.

Since this turned into a reverse critique, where was this Suzuki assembled?

Never meant to be rude.
I don't know where to look for the production plant code, but could come from China, Hungary or Algeria

Originally Posted by Superflan

Never meant to be rude.
I don't know where to look for the production plant code, but could come from China, Hungary or Algeria

The VIN number should say. The letter in front denotes the place of assembly. J for Japan for example. I thought most vehicles had a plate in the drivers door jamb that contained that info as well.

These new Vitaras are a huge hit in Asia and probably elsewhere as well. Too bad Suzuki pulled out of the US market.

Never meant to be rude.

Suzuki builds cars in Japan, Hungary and India. They're pretty popular in Poland, Hungary and parts of Eastern Europe.

I think Toyota has a small stake in Suzuki, a minuscule amount compared to their stakes in Isuzu/Mazda/Yamaha and control/ownership of Daihatsu and Subaru.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by nthach

Never meant to be rude.

Suzuki builds cars in Japan, Hungary and India. They're pretty popular in Poland, Hungary and parts of Eastern Europe.

I think Toyota has a small stake in Suzuki, a minuscule amount compared to their stakes in Isuzu/Mazda/Yamaha and control/ownership of Daihatsu and Subaru.

I think that Suzuki has several kit assembly plants around the world. One of their more popular vehicles, the Multi Cab is kit assembled in the Philippines for example where that vehicle is hugely popular. That vehicle is much different from the Vitara of course.

Toyota does own a small part of Suzuki as they do with the other brands you mentioned plus a few more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back