2019 Stanley Cup playoffs/Cup picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many great stories around this Blues team. From worst to cup when Berube and Binnington came on board. Binnington setting the record for playoff wins by a rookie goalie.

Can't wait to see the movie!

Originally Posted by javacontour
So many great stories around this Blues team. From worst to cup when Berube and Binnington came on board. Binnington setting the record for playoff wins by a rookie goalie.

Binnington was definitely the difference last night. Boston out shot the Blues 30 to 16 at one point but couldn't capitalize. I'm glad to see the Blues win as they had the most CDN's on the team but I despise Marchand so it wouldn't have matter who won the Cup as long as it wasn't Boston.

marchand4.jpg

Originally Posted by irv
Originally Posted by javacontour

Binnington was definitely the difference last night. Boston out shot the Blues 30 to 16 at one point but couldn't capitalize. I'm glad to see the Blues win as they had the most CDN's on the team but I despise Marchand so it wouldn't have matter who won the Cup as long as it wasn't Boston.

Blues showed up, Bruins thought the series was a walk in park. Marchand is a disgrace to all of Canada. Licking people's face, etc. should be lynched

I was hoping for the Blues starting with the 2nd round. (Not the 1st round of course, when they beat my Jets.) They had the longest Cup drought of any team. This is how the first-wave ['67/68] expansion teams have fared:

The Philadelphia Flyers won the Cup in '74 and '75

The Pittsburgh Penguins won in '91 and '92 with Mario, and since then several times with Sid the Kid.

The MInnesota North Stars relocated to Dallas (as the Stars) in '93, and won the Cup in '99.

The LA Kings won the Cup in '12 and '14.

The Oakland Seals were renamed the California Golden Seals, moved to (IIRC) Cleveland as the Barons c. 1977, and folded and were merged into the MInnesota North Stars c. 1980.

The St Louis Blues, despite their early success (with three consecutive appearances in the Finals in '68, '69, and '70) have finally won their first Cup.

Next up for futility? Buffalo and Vancouver, which entered the league in the 2nd expansion of '70/71. Both teams have been to the Finals a couple of times, without success.

I thought this was the best story to come out of this year's playoffs:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/st-lou...final-win-with-favorite-team-2019-06-14/

Thank God, the City of Boston did not have to host yet another parade! What a hassle, parades after parades, doesn't it get boring?

(sorry!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back