2019 rogue. 0w-20 or what?

picked up a CPO 2019 rogue. is everyone running 0w-20? first nissan for us and also first vehicle i've had that calls for 0w-20. we are in north texas

My wife has a 16 Rogue SL, in Hot humid Alabama I run 5w30 in summer and 0w20 in colder months. Runs well on both with no mpg difference.

A quality 0-20 and reasonable OCI will protect your Rogue. If I was in TX I would be running 5-30 year round. I'm running 5-30 in the Northeast in my son's Toyota Rav4 4 cyl. Most important decision is the OCI and ensuring it's done.

Hopefully Grupo Gonher has addressed the ADBV issues with the OE filter they assemble for Nissan,
some times the "umbrella inverts inservice and there is no ADBV function and you will have chain racket at startup. I had the older rogue with the solid cam and was chasing engine racket. The OP engine may have HLA, I have not been able to confirm..

If there is room I would run the Titan v8 filters as you get likely 35-50% more filter area. Nissan had been using the "universal Asian spin on filters" which go on everything Asian BUT Toyota.
The filter mount used to be behind the right side tire. I would just steer the car to the right all the way to access it.

Either way it's fine.

My last two Nissans, a 2016 Quest minivan and our current 2019 Pathfiner, both with VQ35 V6 engines also recommended 0w20. I only ran 5w30 in them because it made me feel better somehow.

If Nissan calling for 0w20 then use a good quality synthetic oil and filter run it in any climate

I can't see why you can't run the 30w but for a vehicle of this nature, I don't see why it would matter to just run the OE-recommended grade.

Is the 0w20 causing serial engine failures in rogues causing one to question oil choices?
You ask a question where these is no data readily available to the consumer.
If it operates smooth and reasonably quiet, than 20 it is, if it sounds like all the moving are falling out the bottom, then 30 it will be - if it's not too late.

Back