2019 Mazda....how are they holding up?

My trusted parts man at the dealership says that the quality of the SkyActiv drivetrains has been excellent.

The concern with Mazdas here was not the mechanicals so much as the bodies - they rusted incredibly fast from about 2000 to 2004, not as quickly but still badly until about 2009 or '10.

I have not seen a rusty 2012 Mazda here so far. We're not in the worst part of the rust belt by far, but it's always a concern here.

My trusted parts man at the dealership says that the quality of the SkyActiv drivetrains has been excellent.

The concern with Mazdas here was not the mechanicals so much as the bodies - they rusted incredibly fast from about 2000 to 2004, not as quickly but still badly until about 2009 or '10.

I have not seen a rusty 2012 Mazda here so far. We're not in the worst part of the rust belt by far, but it's always a concern here.
Ya rust is an issue here, so will be oil sprayed for sure

If you live in the rust belt then a protective treatment is a good idea. The SkyActiv Mazda’s have soundproofing in certain areas like the wheel wells. I’m not sure if a oil spray would work unless you remove those.

What year is the CX3?

If you live in the rust belt then a protective treatment is a good idea. The SkyActiv Mazda’s have soundproofing in certain areas like the wheel wells. I’m not sure if a oil spray would work unless you remove those.

What year is the CX3?
2019 with only 6k....doesnt even look to have been driven in winter, or parked outside. All the aluminum is still bright and shiny. Usually starts to go grey real quick up here with the salt.

Late to the conversation....is oil spraying what it sounds like? Is that what dealers used to charge for under carriage coating or similar?

Is rust on modern Mazdas an issue?

Back